962Using IV-17 smartsocket with usb>ttl adapter

  • julietmikebravo
    Dec 13, 2012
      Hi,

      I got a IV-17 smartsocket kit from the listowner and successfully built it. I was under the impression that you can easily send commands and data to it using any serial port.
      Unfortunately (for me) , the smartsockets require ASCII, binary and decimal information to work properly.

      I want to use the IV-17 tubes to display information from my Linux server. Currently only the V and CDT commands work, I can't figure out how to send binary and/or decimal code to the smartsocket.

      Anyone here know how to send proper commands from a Linux server to the smartsocket?
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic