694Re: IV-17 SS kinda working!

    May 16, 2011
      Hi Chris,

      That got the message display working. Either sending the whole command in hex (more of a pain to convert when typing on a keyboard!) or a combination of ascii and hex (or dec) worked as well.

      The scrolling MS command sort of worked, do the numbers have be decimal as well? What do the numbers do? Eg. in the command MS5062STOP what does 50, 6 and 2 do?

      Is there any other command that need numbers to be send in dec/hex instead of ascii?

      I tried adding a 10k resistor in series with the pot (10k) wiper going to the pic pin, the frequency does not change on the output. Changing the pot for the duty cycle still works.

      Cheers.

      > Hello Simon,
      > I think I have made a mistake in documenting details which are no longer relevant.
      >
      > Instead of sending MD,1,STOP, please try sending the command without the commas, IE 'MD1STOP' . Note that the 1 has to be in decimal or hex format, or in other words not an ascii character 1. (Ascii '1' is decimal 49, hex $31). Instead send decimal 1 or hex $01.
      >
      > This gets confusing if you're using a PC terminal program which doesn't allow you to mix numeric types.
      >
      > MD1STOP in hex is - 4D 44 01 53 54 4F 50
      >
      > Please let me know if this has helped.
      > Chris
      >
      > PS, I'll look into the PWM controls as soon as I'm back at my usual PC. One detail I have ommitted is the inclusion of some 4k7 resistors between the wiper of the pots and the AD input pins of the PIC. The value doesn't seem too critical and anything from 2k2 to 10k will work, depending on the value of the pot. I recently used 4k7 linear pots with a 4k7 resistor in series with the wiper.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic