Re: [shs-talk] shipping container shelter / housing

  • g rooney
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi Beth,
      No, I haven't seen one. The pictures and sites I visited mostly turned me off. To bad, as they could be recycled . If sold at a reasonable price!
      Maybe some videos would change my mind.
      Ger

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
        Hi Beth

        Sorry if this is a repeat, but  This place has some pretty interesting ideas all around.

        Russ

        www.ShortBusRuss.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
          Thanks Russ, not a repeat to me.

          and then these...

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO9mZ_j71eA&feature=related

          Limited only by imagination it seems.

          I sure wish I'd gone into Architecture like I wanted.

          The ones that jump out at me are the ones for disasters especially in third world areas, more of a solution than band aid.

          Seems the world is learning after all.

          What do they say, better late than never.

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010

            What do they say, better late than never.
            We can only hope.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 9, 2010
              Here is one of my favorites for inspiration on possibilities. I would love the opportunity to build a house (or a community) with containers at some point.

              --
              Ron Czecholinski
              www.diy-home-building.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 9, 2010
                Hi Ron,

                I don't think your link came through for me at least.

                Interesting surname...I'm 1/4 Czech lol.

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 10, 2010
                  I probably forgot to paste the link. This might inspire possibilities that address your concerns Gerrie.

                  http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/05/09/prefab-friday-maison-evolutiv/

                  --
                  Ron Czecholinski
                  www.diy-home-building.com
                  www.naturalchoiceinteriors.com
                • joe3
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 11, 2010
                    Ron....That's a very nice looking container house, do you suppose Asheville would approve it?

                    Joe3

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 12, 2010
                      I do think Asheville might approve Joe - planning and zoning is very progressive and flexible. I also have my eye on some property that I thought would work nice for several of them terraced into the slope.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 12, 2010
                        Hi Ron,
                        Yeah, that wood facade is inspiring!
                        Thank, Gerrie