Re: [shs-talk] how do you explain you want to park your tiny home on their land...

  • John W. Nicholson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2009
      A friend of mine parked his tiny at a trailer park. I figure that is not a bad idea, but I am open to better ideas. I need to figure out how to get the trailer or get a trailer built before even really thinking of building the tiny.

      Another friend at work pays about $350 for a trailer. I feel that $200 to 350 is going to be the monthly rent which means I would have to agree that I am not paying full rent compared to my current apt. It is about $550. So, putting $200 plus dollars away for a better day is better than the down turn I have now.

      One thing I like about a wheeled house idea is that you do not have to live with people who don't want to work with you. You just pack up the stuff and move the whole thing.

      John Nicholson

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2009
        Unfortunately, I haven't lived in Austin for some years now. There was
        a fairly neat trailer park for many years on Barton Springs Road, on
        the North side about a half mile from Zilker Park. It seemed to have a
        pretty laid-back attitude as well. Is it still there?

        david