Grey Water Systems, Outhouse Plans, Electrical Alternatives

  • Gregory Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      We recently received the following inquiry. Please reply as you are
      able. Thanks.
      Greg

      From: "Robert Dorrett" <dorrett@...>
      Date: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:48 pm
      Subject: question for the group rdorrett

      Hello All. I am writing to inquire about info sites pertaining to grey
      water systems and outhouse plans. Can anyone recommend good Internet
      sites where I could check out those topics? Am also interested in
      on-the-grid and off-the-grid electric system info. Lastly, would like
      to get some members' experiences with these areas. Thank you very much
      for considering my inquiry.

      Bob
    • Jay
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
        As a new member and a new first time home owner, I've gotten some good
        info on a lot of different subjects including those that you mention
        below. In fact, I think I found this Yahoo group from a post on one of
        the forums there:

        http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/

        As you can see there is a forum for everything from plumbing,
        bathrooms, to renewable energy, to even Smaller Houses...

        Jay

        --- In smallhousesocietyonline@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Johnson
        <GregoryJohnson@...> wrote:

        > We recently received the following inquiry. Please reply as you are
        > able. Thanks.
        > Greg
        >

        > From: "Robert Dorrett" <dorrett@...>
        > Date: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:48 pm
        > Subject: question for the group rdorrett
        >
        > Hello All. I am writing to inquire about info sites pertaining to grey
        > water systems and outhouse plans. Can anyone recommend good Internet
        > sites where I could check out those topics? Am also interested in
        > on-the-grid and off-the-grid electric system info. Lastly, would like
        > to get some members' experiences with these areas. Thank you very much
        > for considering my inquiry.
        >
        > Bob

      • onewomanunlimited
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
          Hi Bob,

          http://www.greenbuilder.com/sourcebook/Greywater.html
          http://www.greywater.com/
          http://www.thenaturalhome.com/greywater.html

          These are web site links for papermagazines you can find at your local
          library. Use your guide to periodical literature to get to articles
          on specific topics.

          http://www.motherearthnews.com/
          http://www.homepower.com/
          http://backwoodshome.com/

          "Living on 12volts" was a very easy read I picked up at the library too.

          My experience in Colorado is no out houses, grey water special
          variance but usually a big fight which results in a No, intertie solar
          systems becoming easier in city, Not welcomed in county. The
          inspectors don't understand it. I did get my 12volt solar/wind hybrid
          system passed because I had the code book right there and marked for
          him as he did the inspection. I was also able to explain it to him.

          Laura