website for small houses for sale

  • fredrica
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      Here is my vote for a website for small homes for sale. Not only does
      this seem to fit in with the mission and dedicated interest to the
      small house movement, it seems to me that homes "sold by owner" have a
      more mission centered focus than the often thought necessity of using a
      realtor. Everytime I have used a realtor, I can say with assurance that
      I could have done a better job myself.

      It could also be observed that small, older homes, usually lower in
      cost, have an undue accumulation of realtors fees in their history,
      skewing the real value.

      A website such as suggested to the group is an interesting concept and
      could be extremely helpful to many who are somewhat intimidated by the
      self-build process. I would find it helpful also to include postings
      for buildable lots or parcels of land. The idea could take off and open
      up immense possibilities, not the least - recycle, restore, rescue.

      At the same time, without putting limits on the postings, such as
      square footage, such a website runs the risk of becoming unwieldy.

      Thanks for the posting of the small house in Iowa City. That house in
      Prescott, Arizona would list at around $250,000 or more. There are many
      people looking for small houses in areas where property values have not
      escalated beyond realistic value and many are willing and able to
      relocate.

      Dricka Van Sant

      http://mail.yahoo.com