What is your small house new year resolution ?

  • lamar5292
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Since many people make new years resolutions it might not be bad to make a new yeas resolution involving your small house plans and dreams to help motivate you.

      My resolution is to finally get my yard looking the way I want. I have read many landscaping books and I like the cottage wildflower gardens. less upkeep and lots and lots of color. So I will be turning the small yard in the front of the cabin into a cottage garden with trellises, climbing roses, flower beds and small trees.

      I also want to finish my roadside fence and want it to stand out so I am looking at either split cedar fencing rails like around old homesteads or I might fashion my own using landscape timbers. The driveway would look better with a gate so some big timbers with an arch and a sign will go over the driveway and a green steel locking gate so I can close my place up better when I am traveling.

      The cabin will need some spring time cleaning and I have accumulated junk around the house that needs to go. I hauled off two dumpsters full last year. I need to stain the cabin now that it has aged to a nice patina.

      A new generator for backup power and to run my washing machine and maybe an outdoor wood furnace attached to the cabin for backup heat.

      OK, that should keep me busy most of the year so what are your small home resolutions ?

      LaMar