Re: FW: Bug in DIRECTORY?

  • Eric Bezault
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
      Dominique Colnet wrote:

      > Also note that the work on BINARY_FILE* is not yet finished.
      > By the way, is there some portable C code (Unix/Windows) to get the
      > size of a file ?
      > Same question for the date-time stamp ?

      While we are at file handling, all other Eiffel compilers provide
      routines to check whether a file or a directory exists (in addition
      to checking whether it is readable/writable). SmallEiffel
      currently only tests whether a file is readable (i.e. can be opened
      in read mode) despite the misleading name GENERAL.file_exists.
      Is there any plan to support (in FILE_TOOLS for example) a full set
      of routines to test whether files and directories are readable,
      writable and exist?

      --
      Eric Bezault
      mailto:ericb@...