plain_text_file... unable to load class

  • Sami Lappeteläinen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      I'm trying to read some data from a file. I used an example my friend
      used in his own project. I'm not sure if he used Small Eiffel or not,
      but shouldn't this still work? I searched the elj-win32 directory and at
      least there is file named plain_text_file.e
      As you might notice I'm new to Eiffel so this problem might be very
      easy.

      Any help appreciated

      Sami

      The error message while compiling:

      Environment Variable "SmallEiffel" is:
      "C:\elj-win32\SmallEiffel\sys\system.se".
      ****** Fatal Error : Unable to load class.
      Line 14 column 9 in MENU (.\menu.e) :
      file:PLAIN_TEXT_FILE
      ^
      ------
      File "menu.bat" not found. Error(s) during `compile_to_c'.