EiffelFox now working with SmallEiffel

  • Darren Hiebert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
      I have just released EiffelFox-0.7, which will work with the next
      release of SmallEiffel. Dominique sent me his current snapshot of
      SmallEiffel with some recent fixes to the C++ external support and I
      was able to compile my "hello" and "groupbox" examples and run them!
      This means that the forthcoming beta version of SmallEiffel will
      permit development of EiffelFox applications.

      EiffelFox-0.7 will autoconfigure itself for SmallEiffel if present.
      Be sure to read the README file for explanations of what to do.

      Now just sit and wait for SmallEiffel-0.76beta3...

      --
      Darren Hiebert <darren@...>
      http://darren.hiebert.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2000
        Darren Hiebert writes:
        > I have just released EiffelFox-0.7, which will work with the next
        > release of SmallEiffel. Dominique sent me his current snapshot of
        > SmallEiffel with some recent fixes to the C++ external support and I
        > was able to compile my "hello" and "groupbox" examples and run them!
        > This means that the forthcoming beta version of SmallEiffel will
        > permit development of EiffelFox applications.
        Hope that too !

        > EiffelFox-0.7 will autoconfigure itself for SmallEiffel if present.
        > Be sure to read the README file for explanations of what to do.
        I have downloaded both fox and EiffelFox.
        I have a problem during installation of EiffelFox, running .configure
        seems to be ok, but when I try to run make I get:
        EiffelFox # make
        cd Clib; make
        make[1]: Entering directory `/home/colnet/EiffelFox/Clib'
        cd se; make
        make[2]: Entering directory `/home/colnet/EiffelFox/Clib/se'
        c++ -DSMALL_EIFFEL -I/home/colnet/SmallEiffel/sys/runtime -I../include -I/usr/local/include/fox -c ../src/EFXApp.cpp
        In file included from ../src/EFXApp.cpp:3:
        ../include/EFXApp.h: In method `EFXApp::EFXApp(T0 *, const FXchar *, const FXchar *)':
        ../include/EFXApp.h:14: `FOX_MAJOR' undeclared (first use this function)
        ../include/EFXApp.h:14: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
        ../include/EFXApp.h:14: for each function it appears in.)
        ../include/EFXApp.h:15: `FOX_MINOR' undeclared (first use this function)
        ../include/EFXApp.h:16: `FOX_LEVEL' undeclared (first use this function)
        make[2]: *** [EFXApp.o] Error 1
        make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/colnet/EiffelFox/Clib/se'
        make[1]: *** [se_libs] Error 2
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/colnet/EiffelFox/Clib'
        make: *** [libs] Error 2

        Installation of fox seems to be ok and I am able to run all examples.
        By the way, as in the .configure file of fox, you should request
        the user for the final make in the .configure of EiffelFox.

        > Now just sit and wait for SmallEiffel-0.76beta3...
        The -0.76Beta#3 is now available at the usual place.

        Because the C++ interface is comptatible with ISE C++ interface, I
        have also in mind to make the same work for the C interface.
        I should ask to ISE people to allow me to add a copy of the
        corresponding documentation in the SmallEiffel delivery (I will
        try to do this next week at TOOLS Europe, directly with Bertrand
        Meyer).

        Dominique Colnet,
        just leaving for one week.
        Best regards,
        Dominique COLNET -- UHP (Nancy 1) -- LORIA -- INRIA Lorraine
        http://SmallEiffel.loria.fr -- The GNU Eiffel Compiler
        POST: Loria, B.P. 239,54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex, FRANCE
        EMAIL: colnet@... Voice:+33 0383593079 Fax:+33 0383413079