Mixing Eiffel and Python

  • Sami Hangaslammi
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      I would be interested in doing an Eiffel wrapper for the Python C API
      (http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/api.html) targeting especially
      SmallEiffel (portable between compilers is of course better if it can
      be done easily).

      Has anyone done anything related to this or is anyone interested in
      helping me with this project?

      --
      Sami Hangaslammi
      shang (at) st (dot) jyu (dot) fi
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
        You should perhaps consider SwigEiffel.
        There are some links to it at www.Eiffel-Forum.org

      • Bruce Wielinga
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
          On Tue, 01 Feb 2000, Sami Hangaslammi wrote:

          Hello.
          I did some work on integrating Eiffel and Python a while ago. I did
          not get enough for me to feel happy about releasing it, but if you are
          interested I still have the code and can put it up on my web site.

          On the other hand, I would be interested in helping with this project, if I can
          find time.

          Cheers
          Bruce

          > I would be interested in doing an Eiffel wrapper for the Python C API
          > (http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/api.html) targeting especially
          > SmallEiffel (portable between compilers is of course better if it can
          > be done easily).
          >
          > Has anyone done anything related to this or is anyone interested in
          > helping me with this project?
          >
          > --
          > Sami Hangaslammi
          > shang (at) st (dot) jyu (dot) fi
        • Sami Hangaslammi
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
            On Wednesday, 02 February, 2000 Bruce Wielinga wrote:

            > I did some work on integrating Eiffel and Python a while ago. I
            > did not get enough for me to feel happy about releasing it, but if
            > you are interested I still have the code and can put it up on my
            > web site.

            Yes, I would be interested in seeing your efforts on this one.

            > On the other hand, I would be interested in helping with this
            > project, if I can find time.

            I'm currently in the process of designing the class hierarchy. I'll
            put this online as soon as it is in (semi-) finished form for people
            to criticise.

            --
            Sami Hangaslammi
            shang (at) st (dot) jyu (dot) fi

            Get paid to surf the Web!
            http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=BOT021
          • Richie Bielak
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
              Sami Hangaslammi wrote:

              > I would be interested in doing an Eiffel wrapper for the Python C API
              > (http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/api.html) targeting especially
              > SmallEiffel (portable between compilers is of course better if it can
              > be done easily).

              Is the goal to imbedd Python interpreter into Eiffel programs
              or to be able to write Python modules in Eiffel?

              Just curious.

              ...richie

              --

              "It is a good day to code." http://www.netlabs.net/~richieb