Re: Call for help. Questions about warping for mirror projection

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2006
      Hi Johannes,

      Thanks so much for the response. I hesitated to ask you directly about
      this because you have given so much time and effort already, but I'm
      very happy you responded.

      The description of the dome visualizations on the HubbleSOURCE site
      http://hubblesource.stsci.edu/sources/video/dome/ say that the
      visualizations are supplied as a series of sequentially numbered,
      polar-projection, still frames. I imagine one would take this series
      and turn it into a video. I think that in order to make a "warped"
      fisheye video you would need to just first individually warp each
      frame. I thought a batch process in PhotoShop could do this easily. I
      just had no idea how to do the individual warping. Real time warping
      would not be needed here. Anything you could do via custom software,
      or a PhotoShop plug-in, would be a great help.

      If I understand the other points correctly, video sequences could also
      be converted, just not in real-time? No problem there. The feature
      would be a great help.

      About the real-time warping... I have not contacted anyone. I just
      have no idea what to say to a programmer. Do you know anyone who might
      have experience with these mplayers? The real-time warping would be
      on my future wish list, but being able to pre-convert individual
      frames, and video sequences would be just fine.

      Thanks for everything you are doing for the community!
      Greg

      --- In small_planetarium@yahoogroups.com, Johannes Gajdosik