[a-w-h] Re: pin wheels

  • Tim OFlaherty
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 1999
      carlos wrote:

      > > I'll may make the cups of
      > > soldered brass or copper. I have some zinc flashing but I don't know if
      > > it would hold up well electrolyticaly especially since I am in sight of
      > > the ocean.
      >
      > Let me suggest plastic (polyester resin + glass fiber). I had excellent
      > results, since this is 100% corrosion free, more thar tough enough, and it´s
      > easy to work with.
      > Good luck!
      > Carlos Aguilar
      > Argentina
      Hello all,

      I Tried to respond to the address above, Carlos, and got a mail
      error message. If you are reading this Carlos, drop me a line and I will
      try again. I was curious about the weather in Argentina among other
      things.
      Also, I am looking for a copy, new or used of the book,
      "Electronic Design and Construction of Alternate Energy Projects". I
      believe the authors last name is Motes. I tried Amazon .com but they
      haven't found one. It is currently out of print. If anyone knows where
      a copy could be found the info would be greatly appreciated.

      Now for the techno question, assuming one is using an
      generator with an output that is varying in voltage and frequency, is
      it safe to assume that the purely resistive load of a heating element
      would handle any and all output assuming it's maximum volt rating isn't
      exceeded?

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/awea-wind-home
    • Alan Muller
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 1999
        > Also, I am looking for a copy, new or used of the book,
        >"Electronic Design and Construction of Alternate Energy Projects". I
        >believe the authors last name is Motes. I tried Amazon .com but they
        >haven't found one. It is currently out of print. If anyone knows where
        >a copy could be found the info would be greatly appreciated.

        I believe this was published by Tab Books in Blue Ridge Summit, PA. I know one of my local libraries has a copy which could be gotten by interlibrary loan.

        am

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/awea-wind-home