Re: [a-w-h] USSR

  • zubr
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2000
      >Hello All
      >
      >Does anyone have any information about the manufacture or use of
      >small wind generators in the countries that used to make up the
      >USSR? Any leads would be appreciated.
      >
      >With Thanks
      >
      >Simon Dunnett
      This report ist only in German language available
      http://www.energy.ru/alternative/wind/Windenergie.html
      Search word "vetroenergetika " in Russia language
      http://yandex.ru/
      http://rambler.ru/
      Best regard,
      Ivanpi
      zubr@...
    • Paul Gipe
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
        Ivanpi,

        From the introduction the article says there are 1500 small wind
        turbines in the former USSR and one 24 MW wind farm. I suspect the
        latter is in the Crimea (Ukraine).

        I've come across several companies building small turbines. But the
        machines are very crude and information provided is sketchy at best.

        Paul Gipe