2nd Interim report now available.

  • Tyree, Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      As many of you know, I am into an eight-month study on how often BWC's
      10 kW turbine, the Excel-s, overloads the inverter it is matched (or
      mis-matched) to, the GridTek10. The second interim report (the half-way
      report) can now be downloaded from SWIEP R#47 from
      http://www.ualberta.ca/~mtyree/SWIEP/Publications.html.

      The Bergey turbine is now up to 32% energy-loss.

      I am guessing this figure will rise a little over the next two windy
      months if we get normal weather in Ellenburg, NY. Then the % energy-loss
      ought to fall a bit in months 7 & 8 of the study. Stay tuned if you want
      to see if my guess is correct. As a reference point, Mike Bergey
      predicted only 1 or 2 % energy-loss. It is looking more like his
      prediction will turn out to be on the low side of reality.

      Mel Tyree,
      Professor
      Department of Renewable Resources
      444 Earth Sciences Building