New Legislation: Small Wind Investment Tax Credit Bill Introduced in Senate

  • rgstimmel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      Dear group,

      We in AWEA's legislative department have been working closely with
      Congress to produce and pass small-wind legislation. Recently,
      Senator Ken Salazar (D-Colo.), along with Senator Gordon Smith (R-
      Ore.) introduced a bill that would provide $1500 per 1/2 kilowatt
      (kW) of capacity to customers seeking to purchase a small wind
      turbine, the same credit that solar is currently pursuing. In
      addition to this credit, the bill would provide accelerated 3-year
      depreciation and an Alternative Minimum Tax exepmtion.

      AWEA's Communications team yesterday created a press release on this
      bill and can be found at
      http://www.awea.org/newsroom/releases/AWEA_Applauds_Proposed_Incentiv
      e_for_Small_Wind_Systems_022807.html

      The next step in passing this legislation is to tell your respective
      Senators that this bill is important to you and the industry. I
      would strongly encourage every one of you to visit this site:
      http://capwiz.com/windenergy/issues/alert/?alertid=9415791&type=CO
      and then call your Senator's office asking them to co-sponsor this
      bill (S. 673).

      If you are not already, I would encourage everyone to sign up for my
      semi-regular small wind e-newsletter that contains information on
      legislative activity, grassroots "Action Alerts," and other industry
      news. To do so, send an e-mail to me at rstimmel@....

      Thanks for your support.

      Ron Stimmel
      Small-Wind Advocate
      American Wind Energy Association
    • George Sawdy
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2007
        This is very good news. Will a similar bill be introduced in the
        House? It would seem with the new majority there, it might have a
        good or better chance there.

        George

        --- In awea-wind-home@yahoogroups.com, "rgstimmel" <rstimmel@...>