Re: [a-w-h] Fw: Seeking New Dealers in Your Area

  • solarone@charter.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
      That is the big question of course. I doubt that Navitron, or this other outfit over here, is prefacing their marketing attempts with Caveat Emptor. :-)

      Speaking of Buyer Beware, I,ve seen a lot of marketing activity from PacWind. They're the suppliers of the highly questionable Seahawk VAWT, which has about 4 square feet of useable swept area and is marketed as a "1 kW" turbine. One fellow I talked to had invested a hundred grand! with the company, who has the turbines made for them in, where else, China.

      They are advertising these things for $4,995.00 (have mercy!) sans any peripheral equipment. Using their own figures, I figure they should be advertising them as 300 Watt machines (somewhat realistic) and chopping the price down to around $1,200.00; still too high, but they might be something other than a scam at that price point.

      Matt

      Matt

      ---- Hugh <hugh@...> wrote:
      > At 9:44 am -0800 30/11/06, <solarone@...> wrote:
      > >Claus,
      > >
      > >These are clearly Chinese machines - they should be inexpensive! ;-)
      > >At least one of them is a rip-off of the Bergey 1 kW.
      > >
      > >Matt
      >
      > Yes these are Chinese machines. They have learned some things from
      > Bergey, but I don't think they are faithful copies exactly. They are
      > also for sale here in the UK from Navitron and I have seen one of the
      > smaller units. Pretty rough and in need of some user involvement,
      > but quite a good value entry point for anyone with more enthusiasm
      > than money.
      >
      > I just hope that people will realise that you get what you pay for.
      >
      > --
      > Hugh
      >
      > Scoraig Wind Electric
      > http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/
    • LeeWilliam
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
        Yes,Chinese goods is cheap,and always copy the others.

        William Lee

        Ningbo Ketian Magnet CO.,LTD
        NO.1 Chengxi West Road,Cicheng, Ningbo China
        Zip Code:315034
        Tel: +86-574-87574058
        Mob: +86-135-8654-0351
        Fax: +86-574-87574285 or 87597123
        Web : http://www.jintiancopper.com
        http://www.ktmagnet.com
        Email : lixiaohui@...
        comeonwilliam@...
        MSN : comeonwilliam@...

        ________________________________
        > To: solarone@...; awea-wind-home@yahoogroups.com; windmission@...
        > From: hugh@...
        > Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:55:43 +0000
        > Subject: Re: [a-w-h] Fw: Seeking New Dealers in Your Area
        >
        > At 9:44 am -0800 30/11/06, <solarone@...<mailto:solarone@...>> wrote:
        > >Claus,
        > >
        > >These are clearly Chinese machines - they should be inexpensive! ;-)
        > >At least one of them is a rip-off of the Bergey 1 kW.
        > >
        > >Matt
        > Yes these are Chinese machines. They have learned some things from
        > Bergey, but I don't think they are faithful copies exactly. They are
        > also for sale here in the UK from Navitron and I have seen one of the
        > smaller units. Pretty rough and in need of some user involvement,
        > but quite a good value entry point for anyone with more enthusiasm
        > than money.
        > I just hope that people will realise that you get what you pay for.
        > --
        > Hugh
        > Scoraig Wind Electric
        > http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/

        Windows Live Safety Center 为您的计算机提供免费的安全扫描服务。
        http://safety.live.com/site/ZH-CN/default.htm
      • seshukanuri@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
          Claus,

          Just to clarify something here, I have not seen any Indian turbines in this class that are sold in USA.
          Sulzon (Indian) models are much larger capacity and they are in so much demand in India, Sulzon is not even trying to sell them in overseas markets.
          Even if they do get imported from India, they will not be as cheap as the Chinese makes.

          These are certainly chinese models as I have seen them before in several B2B Ecommerce sites. These are not expensive as I would guess they come as a complete kit, with Tower, Inverter, bells and whistles.

          Seshu Kanuri

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
            A couple of months ago this lists presented a couple of messages on an
            Indian manufacturerdoing pretty much copying of small scale US turbines,
            where are they sold? Forgot the name, Andy I think you responded?

            Dear Seshu Kanuri and others: I have nothing at all against small Indian
            turbines, whish the could be made so strong and so cheap that the poor
            people in need can benefit from them. From what I understand this
            unfortunately is not quite the case yet - soon hopefully

            best
            Claus

            *

          • med Barnell
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
              Caution:
              Not all machines that come from China are certifiable to be from China.
              Meaning, some equipments made by known brands from China are lumped with copies.

              There are inconsistencies in some items like the casing, the litho prints.
              then the overall fabrication texture and even winding.

              It seems to appear some module contractor of a casing or the field coil assembled
              a similar machine or it could be that the template of the design is used by several
              subsontractors which themselves produced the whole most probably without the
              knowledge or license to manufacture from the legit producer.
              I don't know how it happens.

              I bought a 1kva dynamo from a known dealer/importer in my place Tacloban City in the Philippines, It worked well for a time, then I had a mind to get another and convert it for use as a wind gen.when I sourced for this, what was offered me seemed like another edition/revision, the windings were not as neat as the first one I acquired. The casing stamped markings/specs bore far from identical make and more possibly another source.

              I surmise it comes from the grey market, wherein these are acquired through aunctioned lots like scraps, then assembled and tested, if it comes out ok, it is sold like original, but those units that were not ok, the busted part is replaced from other units.

              This is also true in the repair service parts inventories for power tools like Makita. Genuine components are costly. I use an economically priced armature offered as replacement part like that of R.Kawasaki which fits and perform the same like that of the original.

              Just be aware.

              ---- Windmission <windmission@ email.dk> wrote:
              > I should have looked closer at prices. They seem to be with tower, so maybe
              > not that expensive?
              >
              > best
              > Claus

            • dougselsam
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
                "William"
                Do you make or supply blades? If you can copy those, I am always on
                the lookout for cheap blades. Our turbines use conventional blades
                so we are willing to look at whatever you have in production now.
                We have many models of Superturbine under development and have a
                constant need for more sizes and sources of blades.
                If anyone knows where I can get good blades at a good price, I am
                definitely interested.
                Doug Selsam
                http://www.Superturbine.net

                --- In awea-wind-home@yahoogroups.com, LeeWilliam

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                  Doug,we don't make blade used in wind turbine,we just make Neo magnets for wind turbine generators.Do you produce generator?

                  Have a nice day!

                  Yours Sincerely

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 7, 2006
                    Claus:
                    I was trying to make an affordable turbine with the Twin for that
                    reason - then you start wanting everything about it to be just
                    perfect and before you know it you have a Lexus on your hands that
                    poor people simply cannot afford. I do however believe it should be
                    possible to make a high quality turbine that will survive for the
                    long haul, that is affordable, and by golly at some point I do
                    believe we will see that, and if I can be a part of it , well let's
                    just say i'm counting on it.
                    Doug

                    --- In awea-wind-home@yahoogroups.com, "Windmission"
                    <windmission@...> wrote:

                    > A couple of months ago this lists presented a couple of messages
                    on an
                    > Indian manufacturerdoing pretty much copying of small scale US
                    turbines,
                    > where are they sold? Forgot the name, Andy I think you responded?
                    >
                    > Dear Seshu Kanuri and others: I have nothing at all against small
                    Indian
                    > turbines, whish the could be made so strong and so cheap that the
                    poor
                    > people in need can benefit from them. From what I understand this
                    > unfortunately is not quite the case yet - soon hopefully
                    >
                    > best
                    > Claus
                    >

                    > *
                    > WINDMISSION Co.
                    > Claus Nybroe, Architecht MAA
                    > Stenbankevej 6, 5771 Stenstrup, Denmark
                    > Vat no. DK 1127 1448
                    > http://www.windmission.dk

                  • WINDMISSION Co.
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Great, join the club :)

                      best
                      Claus

                      > I was trying to make an affordable turbine with the Twin for that
                      > reason - then you start wanting everything about it to be just
                      > perfect and before you know it you have a Lexus on your hands that
                      > poor people simply cannot afford. I do however believe it should be
                      > possible to make a high quality turbine that will survive for the
                      > long haul, that is affordable, and by golly at some point I do
                      > believe we will see that, and if I can be a part of it , well let's
                      > just say i'm counting on it.
                      > Doug
                      >
                      > --- In awea-wind-home@yahoogroups.com, "Windmission"
                      > <windmission@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> A couple of months ago this lists presented a couple of messages
                      > on an
                      >> Indian manufacturerdoing pretty much copying of small scale US
                      > turbines,
                      >> where are they sold? Forgot the name, Andy I think you responded?
                      >>
                      >> Dear Seshu Kanuri and others: I have nothing at all against small
                      > Indian
                      >> turbines, whish the could be made so strong and so cheap that the
                      > poor
                      >> people in need can benefit from them. From what I understand this
                      >> unfortunately is not quite the case yet - soon hopefully
                      >>
                      >> best
                      >> Claus
                      >>

                      >> *
                      >> WINDMISSION Co.
                      >> Claus Nybroe, Architecht MAA
                      >> Stenbankevej 6, 5771 Stenstrup, Denmark
                      >> Vat no. DK 1127 1448
                      >> http://www.windmission.dk

                    • s.bahram sadighian
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 12, 2006
                        is there anyone here in Virginia or Maryland whom I can ask some questions about building a generator?