Re: [a-w-h] Big Turbine Links

  • James Hannon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      This company has a manufacturing plant in the town I work in, Cedar Rapids Ia.

      Clipper Windpower Inc http://www.clipperwind.com/

      Jim Hannon

      From: "Claus Nybroe" <windmission@...>
      Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:57:38 +0100

      --
      Jim Hannon
      http://www.fmtcs.com/web/jmhannon/
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 12:10 AM
        Thanks James!

        Even though Clipper Wind Power is not among the main players yet they are
        certainly working hard to get there, and their stock has gone up well since
        introduction last year.

        Started by people from the old Zond company, which turned into Enron Wind,
        which is now GE.

        Often discussed is their load sharing principle with four smaller generators
        driven by a big gear wheel combined with smaller wheels. Saves weight, but
        adds to statistical uncertainty due to more components.

        As rude fitters say in shacks here: Is it asier to serve 4 small ladies at
        one time than one big?

        best
        Claus

        From: "Claus Nybroe" <windmission@...>