[a-w-h] Re: un identified hate mail

  • Steve Pendergrast
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      Unfortunately for the fool who sent you that, it is a federal crime
      to send such an email. He can be traced and prosecuted. The free email
      address he set up on yahoo can be linked with the incoming
      net address, and his ISP can report who was logged into that
      address at the time. A friend of mine had a daughter who recieved a
      threatening email and  they quickly found the culprit. It happened to be a
      classmate who was pulling a prank, and boy was he shocked
      to find that free yahoo email ain't so anonymous as he thought...
      They chose not to prosecute him, but he could have easily
      wound up in juvenile court.

      Ken Bosley wrote:

      I just got this off list:
      See my note below.
       ------------------------------
      TO: [[[my e mail address ]]]
      From: mr nasty  the_mr_nasty @...
       [[no space between y and @]]]

      MrNasty says stop your fucking bitching, esp if you
      don't want to do anything. You are being an ass. I was
      so hoping there would not be persons like you on this
      list.

      MrN

      http://messenger.yahoo.com

      -------------------

      Dear Mr. Nasty,
      You either id yourself, or you go TV.  Which is it?
      It only takes a $80 court filing fee and a two page pleading and a $30
      process server for me to get your every key stroke.

      You have received this message because you are a subscriber to the American Wind Energy Association's Home Energy Systems list.  To view previous messages from the list, subscribe to a daily digest of the list, or stop receiving the list by e-mail (and read it on the Web), go to <http://www.egroups.com/list/awea-wind-home>.  To unsubscribe from the list, send a blank message to <awea-wind-home-unsubscribe@egroups.com>

      Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

      You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

      up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/332/1/_/18088/_/946701487

      -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=awea-wind-home&m=1