Re: [a-w-h] Snow still in Los Angeles - almost August

  • Dave Brown
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 29, 2005
      Doug ... I like your attitude.

      Dave Brown
      Green Bay, WI
      '
      'At 03:11 AM 7/29/2005, you wrote:
      >Today I went up into the high desert to fool around with wind turbines.
      >Darn those things make a lot of juice when you start adding rotors.
      >I noticed that we still have snow in our local mountains.
      >I am afraid of global cooling. We have never had snow in August in
      >Los Angeles before.
      >It was 100 degrees in the desert, but it is only 65 degrees down here.
      >I can feel the next ice age coming.
      >I hope we can burn enough hydrocarbons to stave it off a little longer.
      >Please blacktop your driveway and sidewalks, and place black
      >construction paper outside to absorb sunlight and fight global cooling.
      >Either way, my skis are sharp and my surfboard is waxed. Wherever the
      >coast is, there will be waves to ride, even if the water is 350 feet
      >too high like now.
      >Doug Selsam
      ><http://www.maboomba.com>http://www.maboomba.com

      >THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE HOME ENERGY LIST.
      >. Please feel free to send your input to:
      > awea-wind-home@yahoogroups.com
      >. Join the list by sending a blank e-mail to:
      > awea-wind-home-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >.. To view previous messages from the list,
      > subscribe to a daily digest of the list,
      > or stop receiving the list by e-mail
      > (and read it on the Web), go to
      >
      ><http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/awea-wind-home>http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/awea-wind-home
      >.
      >. An FAQ on small wind systems is located at
      >
      ><http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndsu/klemen>http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndsu/klemen .
      >. This e-mail discussion list is managed by
      > the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA):
      > <http://www.awea.org>http://www.awea.org . AWEA maintains the Home
      > Energy list as an "open discussion space" for
      > those wishing to learn more about home energy
      > systems, and takes no responsibility for the
      > opinions or technical advice provided on the
      > list.
      >ical advice provided on the
      > list.
      >
      > *

    • Donald Plisco
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2005
        I feel for you, brother...Global cooling is hot on it's way. Won't that be something if the glaciers cover LA? Let's hope at least, it reaches as far as East LA....

        Are there such things as Un P/C glaciers?

        Don in Tulsa

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 29, 2005
          Aside from the not-subtle racial slur on East LA; here's what global warming can do for you..........

          "if enough cold, fresh water coming from the melting glaciers of Greenland flows into the North Atlantic, it will shut down the Gulf Stream, which keeps Europe and Northeastern North America warm. The worst-case scenario would be a full-blown return of the last ice age - in a period of as little as 2 to 3 years from it's onset - and the mid-case scenario would be a period of the "little ice age" of a few centuries ago that disrupted world weather patterns leading to extremely harsh winters, droughts, world-wide desertifacation, crop failures and wars around the world"

          You may get your wish in a round-about way, Don; thing is it would more than likely take out Tulsa, while leaving your nightmare hotbed of non-mid-westerners enjoying quite pleasant weather in East Los Angeles. Time will tell.

          Matt Tritt

          > I feel for you, brother...Global cooling is hot on it's way. Won't that be something if the glaciers cover LA? Let's hope at least, it reaches as far as East LA....
          >
          > Are there such things as Un P/C glaciers?
          >
          > Don in Tulsa

        • Donald Plisco
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29, 2005
            Racial Slur? I have not the foggiest idea of what you are talking
            about...I'm from Oklahoma; California is a couple of thousand miles away...I
            had assumed that eastern LA is closer to the Sierra Nevada Mountains. If a
            glacier was going to reach west from the mountains, East LA would be closer
            and feel it first.
            Racial Slur? Who is attacking whom, here? This seems to be typical of
            today's liberals. Making half-cocked accusations before the facts are known.
            Always making derogatory statements based on false logic, DNC talking points
            and God knows what else....The Politics of Personal Destruction. There was
            no racial slur made. Maybe you think of the people in that area in those
            terms, whoever they be, but I have no idea who lives in East LA, East New
            York, or East Chicago, for that matter. Who's the bigot here?

            I resent that false accusation.
            I think you owe me an apology.

            Don in Tulsa

            > Aside from the not-subtle racial slur on East LA; here's what global
            warming can do for you..........

            > "if enough cold, fresh water coming from the melting glaciers of Greenland
            flows into the North Atlantic, it will shut down the Gulf Stream, which
            keeps Europe and Northeastern North America warm. The worst-case scenario
            would be a full-blown return of the last ice age - in a period of as little
            as 2 to 3 years from it's onset - and the mid-case scenario would be a
            period of the "little ice age" of a few centuries ago that disrupted world
            weather patterns leading to extremely harsh winters, droughts, world-wide
            desertifacation, crop failures and wars around the world"

            > You may get your wish in a round-about way, Don; thing is it would more
            than likely take out Tulsa, while leaving your nightmare hotbed of
            non-mid-westerners enjoying quite pleasant weather in East Los Angeles. Time
            will tell.

            > Matt Tritt
            > >
            > > I feel for you, brother...Global cooling is hot on it's way. Won't that
            be something if the glaciers cover LA? Let's hope at least, it reaches as
            far as East LA....

            > > Are there such things as Un P/C glaciers?
            > >
            > > Don in Tulsa

          • Matt Tritt
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 29, 2005
              Yeah right, Don

              I think you owe an apology to everyone else. Why would you specifically
              mention East L.A. as opposed to any other section of the city that
              covers the largest territory of any city in the U.S. "let's hope at
              least it reaches as far as East L.A....... Are there such things as PC
              Glaciers?"

              It's pretty funny to see you being so defensive when you're always
              attacking some body for being too liberal, too green or too much from
              some other culture. About everything you say about people you don't
              understand is derogatory, in case that slipped your mind. If you don't
              like having negative things said about you, don't say them about other
              people

              Real simple.

              Matt

            • Donald Plisco
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 30, 2005
                You just proved my point about the basic dishonesty and integrity of the far
                left; Just accuse the other side of doing exactly what you are doing to
                cover your tracks. Your first post carrying the unwarrented racist lable
                attack against me, might have been a mistake; The second attack was a
                willful and dishonorable effort.
                For the record, one more time, I don't know who lives in Los Angeles, and
                where. I have no idea where the working shacks are, the glitzy high dollar
                neighborhoods, the middle class neighborhoods, or even what the street names
                are or the city limits. I still have no idea of which race you are talking
                about. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma...Look it up on a map.
                Your continued assertion that there must be "something evil" about my
                statement, even when confronted with logic, shows your basic lack of
                integrity and honor. You were just looking for an excuse to attack me.
                Dropping the "race card" is a cheap, disengenuous ploy to attack others when
                you have nothing legitimate to complain about. I am deeply offended at this
                continued cheap ploy.

                An apology is called for or else learn to live with the lable of being a
                basically dishonest and dishonerable person.

                What say you?

                Don in Tulsa

                > I think you owe an apology to everyone else. Why would you specifically
                > mention East L.A. as opposed to any other section of the city that
                > covers the largest territory of any city in the U.S. "let's hope at
                > least it reaches as far as East L.A....... Are there such things as PC
                > Glaciers?"
                >
                > It's pretty funny to see you being so defensive when you're always
                > attacking some body for being too liberal, too green or too much from
                > some other culture. About everything you say about people you don't
                > understand is derogatory, in case that slipped your mind. If you don't
                > like having negative things said about you, don't say them about other
                > people
                >
                > Real simple.
                >
                > Matt
                >
                > Donald Plisco wrote:
                >
                > >Racial Slur? I have not the foggiest idea of what you are talking
                > >about...I'm from Oklahoma; California is a couple of thousand miles
                away...I
                > >had assumed that eastern LA is closer to the Sierra Nevada Mountains. If
                > >glacier was going to reach west from the mountains, East LA would be
                closer
                > >and feel it first.
                > >Racial Slur? Who is attacking whom, here? This seems to be typical of
                > >today's liberals. Making half-cocked accusations before the facts are
                known.
                > >Always making derogatory statements based on false logic, DNC talking
                points
                > >and God knows what else....The Politics of Personal Destruction. There
                was
                > >no racial slur made. Maybe you think of the people in that area in those
                > >terms, whoever they be, but I have no idea who lives in East LA, East New
                > >York, or East Chicago, for that matter. Who's the bigot here?
                > >

                > >I resent that false accusation.
                > >I think you owe me an apology.
                > >
                > >Don in Tulsa

              • Doug Selsam
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 30, 2005
                  By the way guys, the snow is in fact at the far far Eastern tip of Los
                  Angeles County.
                  You can see it from the 15 freeway as you are about to go up the Cajon Pass
                  up into the high desert where all the wind spills out onto the desert floor.
                  Since you spend your money on windmills instead of getting your
                  air-conditioning fixed, you are really hot at this point and that snow looks
                  really good.
                  When you get up into the desert and it is 115 degrees, you really really
                  wish you were up in that snow, and there it is, looking so close, yet so
                  far.
                  Still no AC but you don't care - all you care about is windmills.
                  Windmills Windmills Windmills.
                  Now you guys knock it off and play nice.
                  Hey remember that parody of "Born in the USA" by Cheech and Chong?
                  I like this area.
                  I'm down in Northern Orange County near East LA. I guess you could
                  say...sort of
                  Not quite East LA here, but it's pretty scummy nonetheless.
                  The smell from East LA does make it here sometimes.
                  We have fresh graffitti every day
                  Sometimes it looks really nice
                  other times there are less talented artists at work...
                  I live a few hundred feet downwind from the convergence of 2 of the busiest
                  freeways in the world.
                  As if this area isn't smoggy enough already, I have to pick the most
                  concentrated smog spot.
                  Hundreds of thousands of cars sitting still and overheating in sweltering
                  traffic.
                  All their exhaust concentrated at my house.
                  Where did all these people come from?
                  Oh yeah, we're the melting pot.
                  It's working - we're melting.
                  Well let's at least get us all burning hydrogen in our cars, produced by a
                  plethora of windmills festooning every nook and cranny of the landscape.
                  What do you say?
                  Come on let's do this!
                  -Doug Selsam
                  http://www.selsam.com