Re: [a-w-h] Power Supply as Batt. Charger?

  • Jonathan Mau
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hi Nando and others:

      > Please do not make everything difficult.
      >
      > Just set the top voltage like 13.73 volts and let the current flow that
      > should be less that the power supply current protection, a bench supply,
      > normally, the ones I have designed since 1963 (with GERMANIUM semiconductor
      > devices had current limiting) go into constant current mode until the top
      > voltage is reached.

      This reminds me of when I was about 14 with my mentor and we were
      troubleshooting something. I made a statement like " It SHOULD have Vcc", to
      which he wisely replied "I know it should, but DOES it?"

      We should have a lab grade PS with current limiting and a maximum current of
      about 3 Amps charging a lead acid battery of about 100AH or more, with said
      charging being supervised by somebody whom knows and understands the
      aforementioned facts.

      But DO we?

      Jonathan