RE: [a-w-h] Combining wind and solar on same wires.

  • Andrew Kruse
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      It depends on the wind generator. If you are using a Whisper or Bergey it is
      a problem because they use three phase ac up to the controller which is
      typically located next to the batteries. If it is an AIR, you can but you
      have to use a dump load controller. Just remember to turn the voltage
      controller off on the AIR.

      Andy

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        The better way is to connect solar panels and wind generators to the
        accumulators individually. I don't think, that positive and negative wires
        are so dramatically expensive.

        Regards

        Toomas