Eric Clapton Confirms Major US Tour

  • ec23456
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
      Eric Clapton Confirms Major US Tour
      Eric Clapton has announced a North American tour that will include
      a performance at the Crossroads Guitar Festival to be held in Dallas,
      TX, from June 4-6.

      The US arena tour, which kicks off June 9th in Oklahoma City and plays
      through until August 2nd in Los Angeles, will showcase material from
      his new release 'Me And Mr. Johnson' - a tribute to blues legend
      Robert Johnson.

      Prior to the US dates Clapton will play a number of UK dates,
      including an astonishing six-night residency at London's Royal Albert
      Hall.

      'Me And Mr. Johnson' features fourteen of the twenty-nine songs
      written and recorded in the 1930s by Robert Johnson, the mythic
      Mississippi blues master. Johnson is often called the greatest blues
      man of all time, someone who not only inspired Muddy Waters, Howlin'
      Wolf and other Chicago urban blues titans, but also the Rolling
      Stones, Delaney and Bonnie, and the Allman Brothers Band.

      "Now, after all these years, his music is like my oldest friend,
      always in the back of my head, and on the horizon," commented Eric.
      "It is the finest music I have ever heard. I have always trusted its
      purity, and I always will."

      Three days of music and guitar-related activities to benefit the
      Crossroads Centre Antigua will culminate on Sunday, June 6 with an
      All-Star concert at the Cotton Bowl Stadium. The concert will include
      performances by Eric Clapton and Doyle Bramhall II, Larry Carlton,
      Robert Cray, Vince Gill, Buddy Guy, David Hidalgo, Eric Johnson, B.B.
      King, Sonny Landreth, Brian May, John Mayer, Pat Metheny, Otis Rush,
      Carlos Santana, Neal Schon, Hubert Sumlin, James Taylor, Dan Tyminski,
      Steve Vai, Jimmie Vaughan, Joe Walsh, ZZ Top and others.

      On June 24, 2004, five years following Eric Clapton's record-setting
      guitar auction to benefit Crossroads Centre, Christie's, the New
      York-based auction house, will present "Crossroads Guitar Auction -
      Eric Clapton and Friends for the Crossroads Centre." This auction will
      feature more than fifty guitars personally owned by Eric Clapton, as
      well as guitars from musician friends including Pete Townshend and
      Steve Vai. Pre-sale exhibitions will take place in Dallas during the
      Festival (June 4-6), in Los Angeles (June 8-12) and New York (June
      19-24). The proceeds of the sale will benefit the Crossroads Centre in
      Antigua.

      Clapton's North American dates are as follows:

      June 9, Ford Center, Oklahoma City, OK
      June 11, Alltel Arena, Little Rock, AR
      June 12, New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, LA
      June 14, St. Petersburg Times Forum, St. Petersburg, FL
      June 15, Office Depot Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
      June 16, Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL
      June 18, Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
      June 19, Bi-Lo Center, Greenville, SC
      June 21, MCI Center, Washington, DC
      June 23, Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY
      June 26, Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA
      June 28, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
      June 29, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
      June 30, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

      July 3, Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA
      July 4, Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA
      July 7, Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
      July 9, HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY
      July 10, Gund Arena, Cleveland, OH
      July 12, Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
      July 13, Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI
      July 15, Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
      July 17, United Center, Chicago, IL
      July 18, Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
      July 20, Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
      July 22, Qwest Center, Omaha, NE
      July 24, Pepsi Center Arena, Denver, CO
      July 27, Key Arena, Seattle, WA
      July 28, Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
      July 30, HP Pavilion, San Jose, CA
      July 31, HP Pavilion, San Jose, CA

      August 2, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA

      > Discuss this story on the Blues, Jazz & World Message Board
      > UK & Europe: Search for Eric Clapton CD's at HMV online
    • ec23456