Re: [slowcooker] Any Slow cooker recipes for leftover turkey???

  • mar1942@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2000
      Julie

      I was thinking about putting it in the crockpot and cooking it for a couple
      of hours and using Myrons recipe for dumplings out of flour tortillas. He is
      a great cook and has lots of great ideas.
    • Kevin & Beth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
        We had a turkey and stuffing dish tonight that turned out great. (Adapted
        it from a Chicken and Stuffing recipe from a Better Homes and Gardens
        crockpot cookbook.)
        1) Take a 6 oz box of stuffing and mix it according to the box instructions
        but use just 1/2 of the water. (it will look dry)
        2) In a separate bowl combine leftover turkey pieces (I used 3 cups or so),
        1 onion chopped, 2-3 stalks celery chopped, 2 cans mushrooms (the original
        recipe said to use zucchini & green peppers instead of celery, fresh
        mushrooms, and chicken instead of turkey).
        3) Stir 1 can cream of mushroom soup into the turkey mixture.
        4) Layer in crockpot 1/2 of the turkey, 1/2 of the stuffing, then the other
        1/2 of the turkey and top with the rest of the stuffing.
        5) Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
        This turned out really moist and good - I'll definitely make it again for
        future leftovers!
        -Beth