Re: [slowcooker] Any Slow cooker recipes for leftover turkey???
I was thinking about putting it in the crockpot and cooking it for a couple
of hours and using Myrons recipe for dumplings out of flour tortillas. He is
a great cook and has lots of great ideas.
- We had a turkey and stuffing dish tonight that turned out great. (Adapted
it from a Chicken and Stuffing recipe from a Better Homes and Gardens
1) Take a 6 oz box of stuffing and mix it according to the box instructions
but use just 1/2 of the water. (it will look dry)
2) In a separate bowl combine leftover turkey pieces (I used 3 cups or so),
1 onion chopped, 2-3 stalks celery chopped, 2 cans mushrooms (the original
recipe said to use zucchini & green peppers instead of celery, fresh
mushrooms, and chicken instead of turkey).
3) Stir 1 can cream of mushroom soup into the turkey mixture.
4) Layer in crockpot 1/2 of the turkey, 1/2 of the stuffing, then the other
1/2 of the turkey and top with the rest of the stuffing.
5) Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
This turned out really moist and good - I'll definitely make it again for
JULIE FOX wrote:
> I need some slowcoooker recipes for all of our leftover turkey!!!
> Julie :)
> To subscribe, send a message to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To unsubscribe, send a message to <email@example.com>
> To view the archives, go to http://www.egroups.com/messages/slowcooker
> To contact the list owner, send a message to <mrublee@...>