Looking for recipe

  • lahotsauce@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2000
      I'm fairly new to the list....and loving it. Trying all kinds of recipes I
      get here on my husband and son. I have 3 crockpots.....after joining the
      list I had to invest in Rival's Smart Pot. So far, it's been a great
      investment.

      One of my crockpots is 21 years old....we got it as a wedding gift and it's
      still going strong, even though not long after we were married my husband put
      it in the dishwasher. Not something that is recommended!!!

      I'm looking for a recipe I used to have for North Carolina Barbecue. I know
      the ingredients include pork, vinegar and liquid smoke. I had made this in
      the crockpot several times, then shredded it and it was something the whole
      family enjoyed. I have lost the recipe and am hoping someone on the list
      either has one similar or knows where to find one.

      Thanks for a great list!!

      Jan
    • Dawn
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2002
        I am looking for a recipe that I had before our house fire in September. It
        was for a tortilleni soup that used a broccoli/corn/red pepper veggie mix.

        Thanks
        Dawn
      • dzred66
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 5, 2003
          I just had Pozole, loved it...but would like it more spicier. It
          had pork in it. Does anyone have a recipe to share for this??

          Appreciate any help,
          Yvette
        • Nargis
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 5, 2003
            Oh I forgot to add....the SPICINESS depends on how many of the chilies you use and how hot they are. Probably the person who made the pozole you ate was purposely making it mild. It can get quite spicey if you use more chiles.
            Nargis
            I just had Pozole, loved it...but would like it more spicier. It
            had pork in it. Does anyone have a recipe to share for this??

            Appreciate any help,
            Yvette

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Copyright, 2002, Maria Rost Rublee.

          • Mindy
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 22, 2006
              Yesterday we had a pot-luck at work and someone made a dish in the
              crockpot and I wasn't lucky enough to find out who it was so I could
              get the recipe. What it was is shredded hasbrowns mixed in with some
              kind of a cream soup then just cooked in the crockpot. If anyone can
              help me out with this one I would appreciate it.

              Thanks!!

              Mindy
              vikefanm@...
            • Doug and Linda
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 22, 2006
                Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes

                http://busycooks.about.com/od/sidedishrecipes/r/cheesepotatoes.htm

                This super simple and rich side dish uses frozen hash brown potatoes.
                INGREDIENTS:

                a.. 10 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
                b.. 8 oz. container sour cream
                c.. 1-1/2 cups shredded Cojack cheese
                d.. 32 oz. pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes
                PREPARATION:

                Spray 4-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine soup, sour cream and cheese in medium bowl and mix well. Pour half of potatoes into prepared crockpot. Top with half of sour cream mixture. Top with rest of potatoes, then remaining sour cream mixutre, spreading evenly. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. 12 1/2 cup servings

                Linda

                Yesterday we had a pot-luck at work and someone made a dish in the
                crockpot and I wasn't lucky enough to find out who it was so I could
                get the recipe. What it was is shredded hasbrowns mixed in with some
                kind of a cream soup then just cooked in the crockpot. If anyone can
                help me out with this one I would appreciate it.

                Thanks!!

                Mindy
                vikefanm@...

                Copyright, 2005, Maria Rost Rublee.

              • Doug and Linda
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 22, 2006
                  Or it might have been this one:

                  Crockpot Creamy Potatoes

                  http://busycooks.about.com/od/sidedishrecipes/r/cpcreamypotatoe.htm

                  Yum - I could almost make a meal out of these potatoes. They are creamy, cheesy, comforting, and just plain delicious.
                  INGREDIENTS:

                  a.. 32 oz. pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
                  b.. 2 Tbsp. butter
                  c.. 1 onion, chopped
                  d.. 1 cup sour cream
                  e.. 1 Tbsp. flour
                  f.. 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut into cubes
                  g.. 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
                  h.. 1/2 cup evaporated milk
                  i.. 10 oz. can condensed cream of potato soup
                  j.. 1/4 tsp. pepper
                  k.. 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
                  PREPARATION:

                  Place potatoes in 4-5 quart slow cooker. In heavy saucepan, heat butter and cook onion for 3-4 minutes until crisp tender. Add to potatoes in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients to crockpot and stir gently to blend. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for about 7=8 hours until mixture bubbles around edges and potatoes are tender, stirring once in the middle of cooking time.

                  Linda

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 22, 2006
                    It sounds like hashbrown casserole to me...

                    I make mine in the oven, but I am sure that it can be
                    done in the crockpot as well.

                    Here is mine:

                    1 bag frozen hashbrowns, (I use the ones with the
                    onions & peppers)
                    1 can cream of chicken soup
                    1 small container sour cream
                    2 cups shredded chedder cheese, (I usually add a bit
                    more, my family like it cheesey)
                    Salt & Pepper to taste
                    Diced ham, optional (I add ham for my family)

                    For the oven, I mix it all together and cook at 375
                    for about 25-30 minutes. I also top with more cheese
                    and cook for a bit longer to brown.

                    As I mentioned, I haven't tired it in the crockpot
                    yet, but I am sure it would be just as delicious.

                    Hope this helps.

                    Wende

                    --- Mindy <vikefanm@...> wrote:

                    > Yesterday we had a pot-luck at work and someone made
                    > a dish in the
                    > crockpot and I wasn't lucky enough to find out who
                    > it was so I could
                    > get the recipe. What it was is shredded hasbrowns
                    > mixed in with some
                    > kind of a cream soup then just cooked in the
                    > crockpot. If anyone can
                    > help me out with this one I would appreciate it.
                    >
                    > Thanks!!
                    >
                    > Mindy
                    > vikefanm@...

                    Wende Rickett
                    Proud Air Force Wife to Troy
                    Mommy to Hailey (4), Abigail (2) and Zoey (2)
                    Stepmom to Justin (13) and Caleb (12)

                    Check out my eBay store!

                    Please view my For Sale album.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • iddybit
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 22, 2006
                      I came up with some using google, this sounds like it might be close if
                      not the right one?

                      Crockpot Hashbrowns

                      crockpot, side dish, vegetables

                      1.00 pkg hashbrowns (32 oz)
                      1.00 can soup, cream of mushroom
                      0.50 cup margarine
                      1.00 can soup, cheddar cheese
                      1.00 cup sour cream

                      Put hashbrowns in crock pot. Mix soups and sour cream together. Pour
                      over hash browns. Cut up margarine and stir into hashbrowns. Cook on low
                      for 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.  Linda Henely, Lake Mills,
                      IA Iowa REC News, May 1992 Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by "Rfm" on Aug
                      19, 98 ,

                      Mindy wrote:

                      >Yesterday we had a pot-luck at work and someone made a dish in the
                      >crockpot and I wasn't lucky enough to find out who it was so I could
                      >get the recipe. What it was is shredded hasbrowns mixed in with some
                      >kind of a cream soup then just cooked in the crockpot. If anyone can
                      >help me out with this one I would appreciate it.
                      >
                      >Thanks!!
                      >
                      >Mindy
                      >vikefanm@...

                    • mandmmom_2000
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 23, 2006
                        I use the following recipe for potlucks:

                        1 32 oz. bag frozen hashbrown potatoes
                        1 8oz. pkg of cream cheese
                        1 can cream of chicken soup
                        1 can of water
                        8 oz. sour cream
                        8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

                        I microwave the hashbrowns just to get them thawed and put
                        them in the crockpot with the chicken soup, soup can of water and I
                        cut up the cream cheese and mix that in and cook in crockpot on high
                        until it is hot then before serving I add the sour cream and cheddar cheese
                        and cook long enough for it to get heated. I usually cook this on high for
                        1 1/2 hours then turn to low.

                        YOu can use southern hashbrowns which are chunky or the shredded hashbrowns
                        or for some extra flavor the o'brien hashbrowns which come with green peppers
                        and onions.