Review: Beef Stew with Ravioli (crockery)

  • Lorrene Valdez
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2000
      We tried the following recipe this weekend. It was very good. Even my
      2 year old son liked it, and right now he is on the bread only diet.

      I cooked it through the afternoon on high. Today we had the leftovers
      which I warmed for several hours on low. The broth was thicker and
      more flavourful today, so I guess next time I'll try cooking the
      whole thing on low.

      Lorrene

      Beef Stew with Ravioli

      > 2 cloves garlic minced
      > 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or
      > 1 teaspoon dried basil crushed
      > 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1/2
      > teaspoon dried oregano crushed
      > 3 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
      > 1 pound beef stew meat cut into 1 inch cubes
      > 1 14 1/2 ounce can tomatoes but up
      > 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
      > 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
      > 1 1/2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
      > 1 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese filled
      > ravioli
      >
      > In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart crockery cooker place the carrots, onion,
      mushrooms,
      > garlic and if using, dried basil and oregano. Sprinkle tapioca over
      > vegetbles. Add meat. Combine 2 cups water, the undrained
      tomatoes, tomato
      > sauce, wine or water and boullion granules; pour over meat. cover;
      cook on
      > low heat setting for 7-9 hours or on high heat setting for 3 1/2 to
      4 1/2
      > hours. If using low heat setting, turn to high heat setting. Stir
      in
      > ravioli. Cover and cook 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
      If using,