Fwd: [slowcooker] Low-Fat Healthy Chili in Crock pot

  • Connie Dean
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2000
      Low-Fat Healthy Chili in Crock pot
      From: "Nancy Milstone" <msgnomer@...>

      Low-Fat Healthy Chili in Crock pot

      1 lb beef stew meat trimmed of all visible fat
      6 ounces tomato paste
      1 cup chopped onions
      2 bell peppers, diced
      2 garlic cloves, minced
      1 T chili powder
      1 t ground cumin
      1/2 t dried oregano, crushed

      1. Trim the beef of all visible fat. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
      2. Place meat in crock pot and stir in tomato paste to completely coat
      meat. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend. DO NOT add any
      additional liquid.
      3. Cover and cook for 12 hours on LOW heat. When done, you can skim the
      fat from surface and discard.

      I haven't tried this, but it looked good. I would probably add more chili
      powder, but only after cooking because the crock tends to intensify spices.
      I'll try it later this week and let you know.

      Nancy, DH Jim (15 years): Providing High Speed All-Natural Diaper Solutions,
      Interpersonal Relationship Training, and Catechetical Formation to: Chris
      (12), Sam (5.5), & Peter (1)

      ICQ# 11992366

      iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
      http://www.ivillage.com