Basic Crockpot Meatloaf

  • Arlene Williamson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2 7:31 AM
      Myron at the beach - I just wanted to let you know that I tried your meat loaf recipe and it was a "keeper". My family just loved it and it was so easy to do. Perfect for a busy day or during the heat like we've had this month. I used hot salsa and almost got it too hot for myself but my husband and 15 year old grandson dubbed it perfect. It smelled so good cooking too!!! At the end of the recipe you said "tried and true.....its never failed yet" - well it didn't fail for me either. Thanks for sending it in. Arlene in Houston. Mo.

      Basic Crockpot Meatloaf

      2 lbs. lean hamburger
      2 eggs
      2 slices bread, in small cubes
      milk
      ketchup (or salsa)
      salt and pepper
      1 small onion, chopped

      Directions:
      Beat eggs - add bread cubes. Add enough milk to moisten all.
      Add hamburger....squish all together with your hands. Season to taste.
      Place in crockpot....shape to fit, flatten. Pour catsup on top (enough to
      cover completely). Crock on low all day 8 12 hours.

      Notes: I've also used crushed crackersinstead of bread, and salsa instead of the ketchup.

      It's tried 'n true.....never failed yet?
    • Tracie Lindeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8 11:34 AM
        Not to butt in, but I just had to throw in my 2 cents worth on the meat
        loaf. The first time I tried meat loaf in my CP, my husband and I both
        agreed that it tasted okay, but the texture was weird because it had
        basically been boiled in the juices. I used really lean ground beef, so it
        wasn't too greasy, but we just weren't crazy about it. I then got the meat
        rack to fit my CP, and told my husband I was going to try it one more time,
        and if it didn't work, I would give up. It turned out GREAT! Firm enough
        to slice, and not greasy at all. In fact, I have one cooking at home even
        as I speak. My second CP is also cooking, with broasted new potatoes. I
        can't believe I have both CPs going at once! Anyway, this is a really long
        answer to a short question, but I heartily recommend using the meat rack for
        CP meat loaf.