Re: [slowcooker] Digest Number 161

  • bbje@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 6:46 PM
      Hi y'all. I've been on the list about a month or so, I a SAHM of 2.
      I'd like to respond to several things:
      Melissa, the Cabbage Rolls sound so good! I love cabbage. Do your young
      kids eat it too?
      Trisha, we're currently homeschooling. With schooling in the morning,
      errands and lunch at noon, then friend activities in the afternoon the
      crockpot is a must-have for our family!
      Hi Camellia, whereabouts are you in Texas?
      Carol, I do that with boneless ("country-style") pork ribs frequently. I
      have never drained the juice and re-coated them, though. That's a good
      idea.
      Jenny, those are really good tips about cabbage!
      To "tonkats", what is "chili sauce"? Just wondering. Like, Heinz Chili
      Sauce?
      To Betty Copeland, thanks for the fish recipe. Would love to see more
      fish or vegetarian "main dishes". Or, some kind of "seafood"
      combination.
      The "Waste Basket Soup" sounds super!!
      LP, I just stick a whole chicken in there!! Rinse it, put some
      seasoning on it - anything, really. I'd say low for 10-12 hours, just
      4-5 for high. Put it on a rack (or crumpled foil) so it doesn't "stew".
      Or, put paper towels under the lid. I spray Pam on the top to get the
      roasted look.
      Sorry if this is too long. I didn't include recipes because of the
      length. I read this list on digest.
      Rebecca
      in TX

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!