[slowcooker] A Little Cooking Humor!

  • Myron Menaker
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 1998
      Sorry, guys....I just had to share this with you!

      According to the Knight-Ridder News Service, the inscription on the
      metal
      bands used by the U.S. Department of the Interior to tag migratory birds
      has been changed. The bands used to bear the address of the Washington
      Biological Survey, abbreviated:

      Wash. Biol. Surv.

      until the agency received the following letter from an Arkansas camper:

      "Dear Sirs:

      While camping last week I shot one of your birds. I think it was a crow.
      followed the cooking instructions on the leg tag and I want to tell you
      it
      was horrible."

      The bands are now marked Fish and Wildlife Service.

      Another fabulous day at the beach!

      Myron in Florida

      '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
      Myron Menaker
      Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
      "World's Most Famous Beach"
      myronm@... *Hug* *Hug* *Hug* *Hug*
      ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

    • A.K. Cosgrove
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 1998
        >Sorry, guys....I just had to share this with you!

        >According to the Knight-Ridder News Service, the inscription on the
        >metal
        >bands used by the U.S. Department of the Interior to tag migratory birds
        >has been changed. The bands used to bear the address of the Washington
        >Biological Survey, abbreviated:
        >
        >Wash. Biol. Surv.
        >
        >until the agency received the following letter from an Arkansas camper:
        >
        >"Dear Sirs:
        >
        >While camping last week I shot one of your birds. I think it was a crow.
        >followed the cooking instructions on the leg tag and I want to tell you
        >it
        >was horrible."
        >
        >The bands are now marked Fish and Wildlife Service.

        Okay, so WHO has the Crow-in-a-CrockPot recipe? ;-)

        Alicia
        Ownedbycats@...
        "Gorillas are better than us...They are peaceful. They have no tribes.
        When they fight, it is for a good reason. We cut one another with
        machetes for zero." Fidele Nshogoza, gorilla monitor at Karisoke,
        former employee of the late Dian Fossey (Nat'l Geo. 10/95)

        By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
        meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)
        (1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
        such equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary
        loss, or $1000, whichever is greater, for EACH violation.

      • Joyce Brennan
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 1998
          There are a lot of humor and 'laugh' lists on the net. Could this please
          be used just for "slowcooker." I've seen the "tagged migratory birds" on
          two humor lists and now this? Thanks

          >Sorry, guys....I just had to share this with you!

          >According to the Knight-Ridder News Service, the inscription on the
          >metal
          >bands used by the U.S. Department of the Interior to tag migratory birds
          >has been changed. The bands used to bear the address of the Washington
          >Biological Survey, abbreviated:
          >
          >Wash. Biol. Surv.
          >
          >until the agency received the following letter from an Arkansas camper:
          >
          >"Dear Sirs:
          >
          >While camping last week I shot one of your birds. I think it was a crow.
          >followed the cooking instructions on the leg tag and I want to tell you
          >it
          >was horrible."
          >
          >The bands are now marked Fish and Wildlife Service.

          Okay, so WHO has the Crow-in-a-CrockPot recipe? ;-)

          Alicia
          Ownedbycats@...
          "Gorillas are better than us...They are peaceful. They have no tribes.
          When they fight, it is for a good reason. We cut one another with
          machetes for zero." Fidele Nshogoza, gorilla monitor at Karisoke,
          former employee of the late Dian Fossey (Nat'l Geo. 10/95)

          By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
          meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)
          (1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
          such equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary
          loss, or $1000, whichever is greater, for EACH violation.

        • joaquin and stephanie
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 1998
            I don't mind getting a little humor on this list every now and then. I am
            on another list and we do send humor to each other. It's fun, and not as
            monontonous. Stephanie
            ----------
            > From: Yakeyyak@...
            > To: brennan4@...; slowcooker@...
            > Subject: Re: [slowcooker] RE: A Little Cooking Humor!
            > Date: Wednesday, September 02, 1998 10:13 AM
            >
            > In a message dated 9/2/98 10:13:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > brennan4@... writes:
            >
            > << There are a lot of humor and 'laugh' lists on the net. Could this
            please
            > be used just for "slowcooker." I've seen the "tagged migratory birds"
            on
            > two humor lists and now this? Thanks >>
            >
            > You could have deleted that message, it did say humor on it......
            >
            > I didn't know this was such a rigid list!!!

            > FREE group e-mail lists at http://www.findmail.com

          • Trent Dotson
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 1998
              I second this. I do appreciate the humor and also the fact that it brightens the day,
              but it does get tedious.

              -Trent.

            • Yakeyyak@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 1998
                    Hi, Guys!

                    I'm sorry that I offended one or two purists with my "crow" joke! I
                    thought that by putting "humor" in the subject line, those humorless
                    subscribers would delete it without reading it!

                    Alas--I'll keep it to crockpotting henceforth! To those who wrote to me
                    and thanked me for the joke.....you're welcome!!

                    Hugs, snugs and yukks from the beach!

                    Myron

                    Joyce Brennan wrote:

                    > There are a lot of humor and 'laugh' lists on the net. Could this please
                    > be used just for "slowcooker." I've seen the "tagged migratory birds" on
                    > two humor lists and now this? Thanks

                    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
                    Myron Menaker
                    Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
                    "World's Most Famous Beach"
                    myronm@... *Hug* *Hug* *Hug* *Hug*

                  • A.K. Cosgrove
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 2, 1998
                      Excuse me, but I'm not the one who originally posted the
                      crow cookery story. I simply replied to it. If you'll note,
                      my reply did include a query about a crockpot recipe, which
                      does make it relevant to this list (even if the recipe is gross)

                      Alicia
                      who'll likely remain in lurk mode now