[slowcooker] Re: Recipie for Chili Verde

  • Pam Kafka
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2000
      Hi,
      That was me that made the tomatillo suggestion. I always use canned
      because it's easier, you just drain the juice, dump them in & break them
      up. Chile Verde has always been one of my favorites and I had always
      assumed, incorrectly, that the flavor came from the green chiles. Not
      so! The tomatillos are the key ingredient for this dish. I'll dig up
      my recipe & post it, although I think that your recipe was very close
      with the exception of the tomato/tomatillo thing. I always at least
      triple the recipe so I have enough to freeze. I can't wait until you
      try it because I think you will absolutely love it.

      Pam Kafka