[slowcooker] Re: boneless country style ribs

  • Dday944@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2000
      slowcooker@egroups.com writes:

      << anyway, I have 3 boneless country style ribs (I'm a single
      mom of a 5 y/o old and a 3 month old, so i try not to cook
      too much at a time). I have no idea how to cook them. I
      don't have any bbq sauce. I don't like to cook w/ fruit. I
      don't like kraut. I do have onions, some coleslaw mix (raw
      cabbage, carrots), some frozen squash. Honey, garlic, red
      pepper, etc. can I get some ideas from you guys? thank
      you!
      Nicole >>

      Nicole,
      Here is a recipe from my church cookbook. It can easily be adapted to
      crockpot cooking, and is just sooooo good! I have made it as written, and
      served it with buttered mashed potatoes, and even my children liked it. Hope
      this helps!

      fresh pork ham or Boston butt (any non-smoked pork would be good)
      paprika
      salt
      chili powder
      garlic cloves

      Rub meat all over with salt, chili powder, and paprika. Cut slits in meat and
      insert garlic slivers in each. Wrap in foil and bake according to pounds. For
      Boston butt, bake at 350 for 45 min. per lb. For pork ham, bake at 350 for
      30-35 min. per lb. For crockpot purposes, I would skip the foil, and cook on
      high for 1 hr, then low 4-6.

      Hope you enjoy this!! Diane <><