[slowcooker] Rice pudding results

  • tengells@c-com.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 1998
      I tried Stella Sloop's rice pudding recipe posted July 17 the other day, and
      it turned out yummy!

      I changed it slightly so I wouldn't be eating it forever. This version made
      about four servings:

      1/2 cup long-grained rice
      3 cups 2% milk
      1/3 cup sugar
      1/2 teasp cinnamon

      Put all in the crockpot, stir and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, then LOW 6-7
      hours. Stir in 1/2 teasp vanilla when done.

      Pure comfort food! It tasted wonderful warm, and the leftovers were pretty
      darn good cold, too.

      Thanks for posting, Stella!

      * * *
      Stella's original recipe:

      1 cup long-grained rice
      5-6 cups skim or 1% milk
      1/3 cup sugar
      3/4 teasp cinnamon

      Cook on high for 15 minutes, then turn to low and cook overnight for
      breakfast or during the day for dinner. Stir in 1 teasp vanilla when done.
      Serve with fruit, if desired.

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/