Re: [slowcooker] Vege-burgers, and the lentil-rice casseole metamorphasis

  • Jannnd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 1998
      In a message dated 8/6/98 3:59:25 PM Central Daylight Time, hmc@...
      writes:

      << To improve the color for the burgers, and any whimpy looking gravy, add a
      bit of liquid "Gravy Quick" or similar stuff. >>

      I use yellow food coloring in chicken gravy..just a drop or two otherwise it
      will look artificial

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/
    • Pam
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 1998
        Well, I double checked! It's called Kitchen Bouquet, and I found it in
        condiments, right near the steak sauce. Price was $2.22, but it goes a
        LONG way. My bottle at home is older and lable just about gone. Use
        sparingly, like 1/8 to 1/4 tsp, adding more if needed.

        ----------
        > From: Pam <hmc@...>
        > To: slowcooker@...; c l b <clbogner@...>
        > Subject: Re: [slowcooker] Vege-burgers, and the lentil-rice casseole
        metamorphasis
        > Date: Thursday, August 06, 1998 10:57 AM
        >
        > To improve the color for the burgers, and any whimpy looking gravy, add a
        > bit of liquid "Gravy Quick" or similar stuff. It's a brown bottle with a
        > yellow lable. I think it's in the boullion/soup area or the seasonings
        > area of the grocery store. (goes a long way, so haven't bo't it in ages)

        > It does wonders for color. All it is is some liquified carmelized
        veggies,
        > and is a very intense natural brown food coloring. I will often give
        some
        > to the new bride at a kitchen shower, too!
        >
        > ----------
        > > From: c l b <clbogner@...>
        > > To: slowcooker@...
        > > Subject: [slowcooker] Vege-burgers, and the lentil-rice casseole
        > metamorphasis
        > > Date: Thursday, August 06, 1998 8:45 AM
        > >

        > > my third batch, i added about 1 1/2 cups of the leftover lentil-rice
        > > casserole, more cooked brown rice, and skipped the eggs and milk.
        These

        ----
        Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/