[slowcooker] Re: Whole Chicken

  • Jackie Collins
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 5, 2000
      I also have good luck cooking my chicken in the crock pot. It turns out
      better for me in the CP than cooking it in the oven. The chicken is soo
      moist and tender and I love it when it falls off the bone. I like to cook
      alot of chickens this way especially when I need leftovers. I use my
      leftover chicken for other various quick prepare recipes.
      I am one of those people who loves their crockpot! Full time working mothers
      have a great appreciation for the crockpot and what it does to help our
      families get dinner on the table fast! Thank you for all the posts and
      recipes. Iam really enjoying reading all of them.
      Jackie from Florida
      Full time mom to a 7 & 8 yr. old

      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 8, 2011
        You're very welcome!

        Joyce

        "What a terrific idea - thanks for sharing..."

        Re: Whole Chicken

        I have a 7 qt oval Hamilton Beach cooker and found that a good, reusable
        'rack' made from a foil muffin pan works very well for whole chickens or
        anything else you may want to keep up out of the juices. I cut off two
        muffin cups from one end of the pan and use the 4-cup piece upside down
        in the cooker. Best part is it's washable and so lots cheaper than using
        foil balls. I store the rack in the cooker when it's not in use.

        "Some people put it onto of foil balls to keep the chicken out of the
        juices."