[slowcooker] REVIEW: Chicken Lickin' Good Pork Chops

  • Linda At the OGP
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 1999
      We had these tonight and they were *great* ... a real
      nice "comfort food" served over a bed of egg noodles.
      I made a few modifications: left out the dry mustard
      (couldn't find it in my spice bin!) and used chicken
      noodle soup instead of chicken and rice. I also added
      a soup can full of water which gave us more sauce and
      cut any saltiness (I thickened the sauce up at the end
      with a bit of flour). Finally, because I got home a
      bit late from work, it cooked for 5 hours on high,
      rather than 3 1/2. I'd definitely make this one
      again!

      --- chickie <chickie@...> w
      Chicken Lickin' Good Pork Chops

      > Recipe By :
      > Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
      > Categories : Crockpot
      > Vegetables & Side Dishes
      > Soups & Stews
      > Chicken & Poultry
      >
      > Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation
      > Method
      > -------- ------------
      > --------------------------------
      > 8 lean pork chops-1" thick
      > 1 tablespoon salt
      > 1/2 cup flour
      > 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
      > 2 tablespoons oil
      > 1 can chicken & rice soup
      >
      >Dredge chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry
      > mustard and garlic powder.
      > Brown in oil in large skillet. Place browned pork
      > chops in Crockpot. Add can of soup. Cover and cook
      on low 6-8 hours.(High 3 1/2