[slowcooker] Re: Beer Cheese Soup

  • Tonkcats@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 1999
      Beer Cheese Soup

      1/2 c. butter
      3 c. chicken broth
      1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
      1/2 c. chives
      1 c. flour
      16 oz. Cheez Whiz
      6 oz. beer or non-alcoholic beer
      1 1/2 c. cream
      Melt butter. Add broth and add small amount of broth to flour; mix, then add
      to butter mixture. Remove from heat, beat with wire whip. Add remaining
      ingredients. Cook on low in slow cooker 4 hours or all day. Top with popcorn.
    • Judy Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2001
        2 cans cream soup (celery, mushroon or chicken) ( I use potato)
        1 cup beer
        1 lb. cheddar cheese, cubed
        1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
        1/4 teaspoon paprika
        croutons

        Put all ingredients in crockpot except croutons. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours or on high 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve in warm bowls. Top each serving with crisp croutons. May be doubled.