[slowcooker] old vs new

  • Janice Kruse
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
      My original c/p is so old it is "orange" and has a glass lid. It cooks
      much better than a newer c/p I purchased several years ago fitted with a
      plastic lid. The newer c/p is exactly the same size but cooks much hotter
      and I'm usually in trouble by the time I get home from work with anything
      but soups.

      I just purchased one of the larger c/p's. It has a plastic lid and the
      liner is not removeable. It cooks just like the old one with the glass
      lid, so I really don't think the type of lid makes any difference. I feel
      that the temperatures of the c/p's vary which is probably a bigger factor
      than the lid type.
    • Signname@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 1999
        In a message dated 99-10-04 21:42:18 EDT, HARJANII@... writes:

        << I feel that the temperatures of the c/p's vary which is probably a
        bigger factor
        than the lid type. >>

        I suspect this is correct. It seems like our reviews of crockpot recipes
        would indicate that temperature is not exactly the same from pot to pot (or
        maker to maker?) and that might explain some of the differences we have seen
        in results - especially in those tricky recipes including rice, noodles, and
        crock-pot "baked" desserts.

        Carol