Recipe software

  • Lynn Coats
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2013
      What is the name of that recipe software that most people use? I can't remember the name of it, but a lot of recipes are formatted using the software. Thank you.
    • sharoncapps
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2013
        The two I am most familiar with are MasterCook and TheLivingCookbook. Hope
        this helps/
        Sharon in MN

        > What is the name of that recipe software that most people use? I can't
        > remember the name of it, but a lot of recipes are formatted using the
        > software. Thank you.

        > Yahoo Groups Links

      • Mary Jayne A space
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2013
          I think it is master chef. Mj

          Sent from my iPad

          On Nov 13, 2013, at 10:34 AM, Lynn Coats <idigjazz@...> wrote:

          What is the name of that recipe software that most people use? I can't remember the name of it, but a lot of recipes are formatted using the software. Thank you.

        • brendaadamscatlover
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 21, 2013

            I think you are thinking of Mastercook. It's the one I've used (tried most of em) for 17+ years and I think it's the one most 'seen' around online.

            The newest version is 14 and it is just great. Best ever. (No Mac version yet, but the new, GREAT owners are planning on making one eventually.)

            On the net, go to www.mastercook.com to read about it, if you like.

            It's got a new online recipe grab feature that you can try out for free, anybody can. This new online storage and grab recipe feature is ALONE worth buying MC for. You can grab up to 10,000 recipes online (I think) if u own; otherwise for free, I think 50.

            ---In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, <idigjazz@...> wrote:

            What is the name of that recipe software that most people use? I can't remember the name of it, but a lot of recipes are formatted using the software. Thank you.
          • steelerfan500

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2013
                No, they are thinking of Cook'n and I love mine, too.  It's awesome!

                To: slowcooker@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 6, 2013
                  I think the poster was asking for the most often seen and I believe what that means is the most often seen HEADER on recipes posted is:
                  * Exported from MasterCook * which sits at top of all exports and has for 20 some years.

                  To see what I mean: go to any recipe group you belong to... go online to it's website, open Messages and scroll down through the archives of posts. What header shows up most often? Mastercook.

                  The newest version is Mastercook 14 (PC only). This new version allows user to also keep an online account which contains their own recipes or recipes they've grabbed using the Online Import tool PLUS online shopping lists...all accessed via mobile devices. The cost to buy the complete MC14 package is around $20. We also have just started a recipe group just for people who using MC14. And, of course, their is a huge Mastercook Discussion group (about 7,000 members, I think). Anyone can use the Online Tools for free (with a limit of 25 recipes) or if they buy Mastercook, the Online Tools are more like 10,000 recipes can be stored there (and viewed with many of their personal devices plus their computer)...PLUS the entire PC Mastercook program. To find out more or to use the free Online Import Tool, go to: www.mastercook.com.

                  Brenda