RE: [slowcooker] rice pudding

  • Dr Alva Irish
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 9, 2013
      Thank you Betsy!
      Love, Alva

      On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Betsy Wolcott wrote:

      This is my favorite.  I often make it with the extra rice I have leftover from ordering Chinese.
      RICE PUDDING
      * 2 1/2 c. cooked rice
      * 1 1/2 c. scalded milk
      * 2/3 c. white or brown sugar
      * 3 eggs, beaten
      * 1 tsp. salt
      * 2 tbsp. vanilla
      * 1 tsp. cinnamon
      * 1 tsp. nutmeg
      * 1/2 c. raisins
      * 3 tbsp. soft butter
      Combine all ingredients. Pour into lightly greased Crock Pot. Cook on
      high 1 to 2 hours. Stir during first 30 minutes. Recipe can be doubled.

      I haven't tried this one yet, but its looks like a healthy alternative,

      1/3 cup rice
       1/4 cup sugar or 2/3 cup rice syrup
       1/4 tsp  salt
       2 cups   milk  or 1 3/4 cups rice dream)
       1/4 cup raisins
       1/4 tsp cinnamon
       and a good tsp of vanilla ( less if the rice dream is vanilla flavored).
      It takes about 3 hours, but I  start testing to see if the rice is soft after about 2 1/2 hrs.
      When it  seems just right I take the lid off and grate fresh nutmeg on top and then  let it sit while
      the milk absorbs all the way into the rice.