Slow cooker oatmeal

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2013
      You should use steal cut oats or you will just have a glutinous mess after 8 to 10 hours cooking.

      Also, it is recommended you only cook on the *low* setting and you should also spray your pot with Pam or some other cooking spray for ease of cleanup.

      I have a slow cooker on right now cooking Sunny Boy Cereal aka Red River Cereal for b'kfast tomorrow.

      Barb

      Sent from my iPad

      =====================================

      > 1a. slow cooker oatmeal
      > Posted by: "Francine Schissell" fschissell@... fschissell
      > Date: Mon Oct 7, 2013 4:37 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Crock Pot Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon

      > Ingredients
      >
      > 2 apples
      > 1/3 cup sugar
      > 1 tsp. cinnamon
      > 2 cups dry oats
      > 2 cups milk
      > 2 cups of water
      >

      > Peel and chop the apples. Add them to crockpot. Sprinkle apples with the sugar and
      > cinnamon. Pour dry oats over everything, then add milk and water. Cook overnight on
      > low. The oatmeal will cook in 8 hours.
      >
      > Francine

    • Patricia K
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2013
        Barbara - do you do the Red River the same proportions? i love it for a
        winter brekkie
        thanks for the reply on the oatmeal