Re: [slowcooker] slow cooker rice pudding

  • Auntie J
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2013
      The recipe I use is for a small slowcooker (crockette), about 1.5 qt.

      Crockette Rice Pudding

      2 Cups Milk
      1/3 Cup Rice
      1/4 Cup Sugar
      1 Egg
      1 tsp. Butter
      1 tsp. Vanilla
      1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
      Pinch of Salt
      Pinch of Nutmeg

      Grease Crockette. Dissolve sugar in milk and mix all ingredients together. Put in Crockette. Cook for about 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.

      I grease the crockette with a little extra butter.

      This one makes more servings and is from a trusted source, although I have not made the recipe myself.

      Slow cooker Rice Pudding

      1 cup uncooked regular rice
      3 cups milk
      3 t. butter
      1/2 t. salt
      1/2 cup sugar
      3 eggs, beaten
      1 t. vanilla
      1 cup raisins
      Cinnamon

      Cook rice as package directs. Combine cooked rice with milk butter, salt, sugar, eggs, vanilla and raisins. Pour into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover baking dish with foil, not plastic. Place on metal trivet or rack in bottom of slow cooking pot. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings

      From Crockery Cookery, by Mabel Hoffman

      On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Dr Alva Irish <airish@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      Does anyone have a recipe for slowcooker rice pudding with raisins and eggs and milk?
      Thanks,
      Alva