Re: [slowcooker] slow cooker rice pudding

  • Dr Alva Irish
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2013
      Hi,
      Does anyone have a recipe for slowcooker rice pudding with raisins and eggs and milk?
      Thanks,
      Alva

      Dr Alva Irish CEO
      Center for Mankind Foundation
      office 864-605-0474
      Http://www.askahomeopath.net

      The man who removes a mountain
      begins by carrying away small stones.
      William Faulkner

      would this be for regular rolled oats (the old fashioned kind) or the steel cut oats?

      Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:45 PM
      Subject: [slowcooker] slow cooker oatmeal

      Crock Pot Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon

      Ingredients

      2 apples
      1/3 cup sugar
      1 tsp. cinnamon
      2 cups dry oats
      2 cups milk
      2 cups of water

      Peel and chop the apples. Add them to crockpot. Sprinkle apples with the sugar and
      cinnamon. Pour dry oats over everything, then add milk and water. Cook overnight on
      low. The oatmeal will cook in 8 hours.

      Francine

      fschissell@...

    • Auntie J
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2013
        The recipe I use is for a small slowcooker (crockette), about 1.5 qt.

        Crockette Rice Pudding

        2 Cups Milk
        1/3 Cup Rice
        1/4 Cup Sugar
        1 Egg
        1 tsp. Butter
        1 tsp. Vanilla
        1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
        Pinch of Salt
        Pinch of Nutmeg

        Grease Crockette. Dissolve sugar in milk and mix all ingredients together. Put in Crockette. Cook for about 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.

        I grease the crockette with a little extra butter.

        This one makes more servings and is from a trusted source, although I have not made the recipe myself.

        Slow cooker Rice Pudding

        1 cup uncooked regular rice
        3 cups milk
        3 t. butter
        1/2 t. salt
        1/2 cup sugar
        3 eggs, beaten
        1 t. vanilla
        1 cup raisins
        Cinnamon

        Cook rice as package directs. Combine cooked rice with milk butter, salt, sugar, eggs, vanilla and raisins. Pour into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover baking dish with foil, not plastic. Place on metal trivet or rack in bottom of slow cooking pot. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings

        From Crockery Cookery, by Mabel Hoffman