Jambalaya for the Crock Pot

  • msclassylady717
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013
      got this in my inbox.. but I haven't tried it  yet

      msclassylady717/cj in fla

      Jambalaya for the Crock Pot

      By MizzNezz on October 01, 2002
      Photo
      Photo by wwltmom
      128 Reviews

      • timer
      • Prep Time: 10 mins
      • Total Time: 8 hrs 10 mins
      • Servings: 6

      Ingredients

      • 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
      • 1 1/2 cups green peppers, chopped
      • 1 medium onion, chopped
      • 2 celery ribs, sliced
      • 4 garlic cloves, minced
      • 1 (14 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
      • 1/3 cup tomato paste
      • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
      • 1 tablespoon parsley
      • 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
      • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
      • 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
      • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
      • 1/2 teaspoon salt
      • 1 lb shrimp, shelled
      • 3 cups cooked rice

      Directions

      1. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
      2. Put all ingredients (EXCEPT shrimp and rice) in crock pot.
      3. Cover; cook on low for 8 hours.
      4. Add shrimp the last 20 minutes of cooking.
      5. Stir in rice before serving.