Fish recipes wanted please!

  • Lance M
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2013
      I'm looking for some good fish or seafood recipes.
      I need to add fish to my diet and the cp is one of the best ways.
      Anyone have any TNT fish recipes?
      =====
    • Hilly van Zuylekom
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2013
        Lance M monarch@..., said:

        >I'm looking for some good fish or seafood recipes.
        >I need to add fish to my diet and the cp is one of the best ways.

        Personally I would never put fish in a slowcooker, frying or grilling fish
        only takes a few minutes, steaming or poaching doesn't take long either.
        I sometimes wrap fish in alu foil with some herbs (parsley, dill), a dot of
        butter or a drizzle of oil, a few tablespoons of dry white wine and a
        sprinkle of salt and pepper and put the packet on the barbecue and it is
        done before you know it.

        I have a recipe for salt/sugar cured salmon (absolutely deliciouis and very
        healthy) but as it is not a slowcooker recipe I cannot publish it here.
        Anyone interested email me privately.

        Someone once gave me this website, I haven't tried any of the recipes but
        perhaps there is something you like::
        Crockpot Fish Recipes and Crockpot Seafood
        Recipes<http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotrecipes/a/Crock-Pot-Fish-And-Seafood-Recipes.htm>
        <https://www.google.com/search?q=slowcooker+fish+recipes&client=gmail&rls=gm&tbs=ppl_ids:--110856136757199710112-,ppl_nps:Diana+Rattray,ppl_aut:1>
        Recipes<http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotrecipes/>

        <https://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=slowcooker%20fish%20recipes#>

        -
        <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2PjkH_WFFccJ:southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotrecipes/a/Crock-Pot-Fish-And-Seafood-Recipes.htm+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=gmail>
        -
        <https://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=related:southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotrecipes/a/Crock-Pot-Fish-And-Seafood-Recipes.htm+slowcooker+fish+recipes&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=jHUbUpOjKYqDlQXO0ICQAg&ved=0CEQQHzAA>

        by Diana Rattray<https://www.google.com/search?q=slowcooker+fish+recipes&client=gmail&rls=gm&tbs=ppl_ids:--110856136757199710112-,ppl_nps:Diana+Rattray,ppl_aut:1>
        -
        Fish and seafood recipes for the crockpot, from shrimp Creole to Tuna
        Casseroles. Fish requires short cooking times, but many recipes can be made
        in the slowcooker

        Good luck,
        Hilly
        dutchoz2@...

        "Don't make old ladies mad. They don't like being old in the first place,
        so it doesn't take much to set them off"

        --
        Hilly
        dutchoz2@...

        "Don't make old ladies mad. They don't like being old in the first place,
        so it doesn't take much to set them off"

      • Charlotte
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 27, 2013
          Someone earlier posted a bunch of recipe links. Look in the archives for the post.
          I second what they said, in that fish is not a good CP meat. It just cooks too fast. Off topic, just broil it, to add meat to your diet. It's ready in 15 mins or less, depending upon the thickness.

          Charlotte
          The 'earth' without 'art' is just 'eh'
          from my iPhone

          On Aug 26, 2013, at 4:30 AM, Lance M wrote:

          > I'm looking for some good fish or seafood recipes.
          > I need to add fish to my diet and the cp is one of the best ways.
          > Anyone have any TNT fish recipes?
        • Ernie Shumaker
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 27, 2013
            A very easy meal with fantastic flavor! I was amazed at how tasty this
            was. Using boxed stuffing and canned soups along with crockpot cooking
            makes this a simple process with only minimal "cooking effort" and
            kitchen time needed. Most of your work will be microwaving the mushroom
            sauce, prepping the instant stuffing mix, and assembling it all in the
            slowcooker.

            The key to the best flavor is use of a good quality ham. Splurge a bit
            on some 'Black Forest' or dry-cured ham from your deli if you can get
            it. Sliced prosciutto, or some 'spiral sliced bits & pieces' (often
            available at Walmart food aisles) are also great for this. Even a good
            deli "honey smoked" will do. Use one (or more) of those an you'll turn
            an already good dish into something really spectacular.

            You can also 'kick this up' with creative substitutions on the cheese.
            Add some creamy Havarti for richness, and Gruyere or Jarlsberg for
            nutty/buttery Swiss flavor, for example. You can also use grated instead
            of sliced cheese if you desire. As always, quality ingredients make
            noticeable differences, even for a simple dish like this.

            *Crockpot Chicken "Cordon Bleu" Casserole*

            *Ingredients:*
            2 Large boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (or more if smaller)
            1 Can (14oz) Cream of Mushroom soup
            1 Can (4oz) "stems & pieces" mushrooms (with liquid)
            1/2 C Milk
            1/2 C Chicken broth/stock
            1Tbs Dijon Mustard
            8 thin slices (approx.) good deli ham (Black Forest, Honey smoked,
            "country" dry-cured ham, prosciutto)
            6-8 slices (approx.) Swiss cheese (Gruyere, Jarlsberg, etc.)

            *Spices:*
            1 tsp Onion Powder (or 1 Tbs Minced dried onion)
            1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
            1/2 tsp Paprika (or Smoked Paprika) (optional)
            1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
            1/4 tsp Salt (to taste)
            1/4 tsp Thyme (optional)
            1/4 tsp Ground Savory (optional)
            1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)

            *For Stuffing*
            1 Box "Stovetop" Chicken flavored stuffing mix
            1 Can (4oz) "Stems and Pieces" mushrooms w/liquid
            1 C Chicken Broth or stock
            4 T Butter

            _Make Stuffing:_ In a medium saucepan; bring Chicken Broth, butter, 1
            can mushrooms and liquid to boil. Add contents of Chicken-flavored
            stuffing pouch. Stir briefly to combine ingredients. Cover, and remove
            from heat.

            _Make Sauce:_ In a microwave-safe medium bowl, combine mushroom soup,
            chicken broth, milk, and Dijon mustard. Heat for ~90 seconds. (Heating
            makes combining easier.) Stir together until evenly mixed. If necessary,
            heat another 30 seconds.

            _Prepare Chicken:_ Slice into 1 inch cubes. (Slices easier if just a
            bit frozen.)

            _Assemble in Crockpot:_ Add chicken to pot. Sprinkle with spices (stir
            to coat all sides if desired, but not really needed as crock cooking
            will meld flavors). Pour in sauce. Layer on ham bits/slices. Layer on
            _half_ of cheese slices. Add prepared stuffing mix on top layer.

            _Cook_ at Low setting for 4 hours (Don't over-cook; cubed
            boneless/skinless chicken breast cooks quickly and can dry out). Uncover
            and cook on high for about 20 minutes to thicken slightly. Layer
            remaining cheese slices on top of stuffing and replace cover. Continue
            cooking on high until cheese begins to melt (about 10-20 minutes).

            Makes 4-6 servings

          • crftysahm
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 21 2:28 PM

              Personally, I have not had any luck at all getting fish or seafood to cook well in a crock pot.  That being said, I have had some excellent fish based stew or soups from the CP.