Re: Mutton BBQ Kentucky crock pot style Delicious!

  • gngyr
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2013
      Sure does take a long while to get a crockpot to 'simmer', so how long before you're able to add "a leg or shoulder of mutton or lamb"?

      Isn't it the idea of cooking in a slowcooker to NOT have to baste? And removing the lid plus the time taken to baste every 30 minutes would definitely add lots of time to the required cooking time....plus the inconvenience required for this step every 30 minutes all day??!

      I don't think this is a workable recipe for a slowcooker. Just my opinion.

      Ginger

      I<<4) Turn cooker on low and cook all day covered. Baste with the pot
      juices every 30 min.>>

      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Askahomeopath" <airish@...> wrote:

      > Mutton BBQ Kentucky crock pot style Delicious!
      >
      > 2 cups water
      > 1/2 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire
      > 1/2 cup distilled vinegar
      > 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
      > 7 tablespoons brown sugar
      > 1/4 teaspoon allspice
      > 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
      > 1 tsp chili de Guajillo powder
      > 1 tsp Chili de Ancho powder
      > 1 tsp porcini or shitaki mushroom powder
      > 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
      > 1 1/4 teaspoons table salt
      > 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
      >
      > 1) Mix all the ingredients in a crock pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
      >
      > 2) Prepare a leg or shoulder of mutton or lamb by removing all the
      > tough silverskin on it.
      >
      > 3) Lay the meat in the crock pot. If it doesn't fit, cut it so it
      > does.
      >
      > 4) Turn cooker on low and cook all day covered. Baste with the pot
      > juices every 30 min.
      >
      > 5) Cut the meat off the bone in 1/8 to 1/4" thick slices and
      > douse with warm sauce just before serving.

    • Dr Alva Irish
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
        Yes! Pork or turkey would do great. Actually the recipe was made for
        Mutton, but I doubted that anyone could buy any.
        Alva

        Dr Alva Irish
        office 864-605-0474
        Http://www.askahomeopath.net