Re: [slowcooker] Re: recipes using canned pork

  • WAC
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13 8:31 AM
      I realize he wasn't referring to Spam.  I assumed it was a generic type of Spam.  Before I retired, many of my clients received food boxes that included canned pork that was much like Spam.  I helped some of them adapt pork recipes they already used to the canned pork.  My point was that if it was a generic type of Spam, it could be used in the same way.  Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

      >________________________________
      > From: WB8WMU <w3fra@...>
      >

      >That Gentleman is referring to the Gov't surplus Canned Pork, not spam.
      >
      >--- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, WAC <misty1451tory@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I assume the canned pork is a generic Spam.  For all the ribbing Spam takes, it's actually a pretty good product.  Sliced and fried, the taste is similar to ham.

    • Sandy Speed
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18 12:53 AM
        I had a small Nesco (it held one 3-4 pound chicken), and I used it all the
        time as a crockpot. It had a nonstick insert that was metal, not aluminum but
        I don't know what metal it is. The insert sat in a porcelain lined cookwell,
        that you could not use without the insert. It lasted me about 15 years. I
        loved its versatility.