Re: [slowcooker] Re: recipes using canned pork

  • WAC
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2013
      I realize he wasn't referring to Spam.  I assumed it was a generic type of Spam.  Before I retired, many of my clients received food boxes that included canned pork that was much like Spam.  I helped some of them adapt pork recipes they already used to the canned pork.  My point was that if it was a generic type of Spam, it could be used in the same way.  Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

      >________________________________
      > From: WB8WMU <w3fra@...>
      >

      >That Gentleman is referring to the Gov't surplus Canned Pork, not spam.
      >
      >--- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, WAC <misty1451tory@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I assume the canned pork is a generic Spam.  For all the ribbing Spam takes, it's actually a pretty good product.  Sliced and fried, the taste is similar to ham.

    • msclassylady717
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013
        A few times I've used my 18qt when making sauce........... I'd flash brown my meats on the grill ( love the flavors)... beef, country style ribs and Italian sausage and then add all my other ingredients .... and let it slow cook all day long......yummmmm

        msclassylady717/cj in fla

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18, 2013
          I had a small Nesco (it held one 3-4 pound chicken), and I used it all the
          time as a crockpot. It had a nonstick insert that was metal, not aluminum but
          I don't know what metal it is. The insert sat in a porcelain lined cookwell,
          that you could not use without the insert. It lasted me about 15 years. I
          loved its versatility.