Re: [slowcooker] Re: Crock Pot Hungarian Goulash

  • Lance M
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
      >Could someone send me this recipe Please? I really want to try it. Thank you so much.

      Please post to the group!
      =====
    • tiggerblu@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
        Here is another recipe that I have also tried that is good. I think the
        first one I sent
        Through was better, but my husband thinks that this one is.

        Crockpot Hungarian Goulash Stew

        Ingredients
        2 pounds pork shoulder, cubed
        2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
        1/2 cup baby carrots
        1 large onion
        1 teaspoon sugar
        1 tablespoon white vinegar
        4 garlic cloves
        2 tablespoons tomato paste
        1 can (28-ounce) tomato sauce
        14 ounces water
        1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
        2 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
        1 teaspoon chili flakes
        Salt and pepper to taste

        Instructions
        In food processor crush onion and garlic and place as a first layer inside
        the slow cooker.
        Then crush carrots in food processor and layer them on top. Arrange the
        potatoes on top of the carrots
        and then as the last layer put the meat on top. Add the tomato sauce,
        tomato paste, water, thyme, paprika,
        Chili powder, vinegar, sugar salt, and pepper all mixed together. Set the
        slow cooker for 5 hours on high setting.
        Or 8 hours on low
        Take out and serve!