RE: [slowcooker] Re: Hot CP, was: Question

  • Betty Haniotakis
    Message 1 of 133 , Jun 20, 2013
      I have had a similar experience with British slow cookers. I have two Morphy
      Richards slow cookers - a 5-litre and a 3.5-litre. They have Low, Medium and
      High temps - medium is the normal cooking temp. When cooking meat, I usually
      start on High for an hour and then switch to Med. I use Low for keeping warm
      when necessary. I agree with the poster that the American slow cookers cook
      hot to avoid possible lawsuits, and am glad that I had other options

      Betty Haniotakis

      Message 133 of 133 , Jun 21, 2013
        So have I . Well, actually I do not have any American slowcooker, as only the UK ones are an option for me, but they certainly do not cook too fast . I tens to keep an eye on my newer smaller ones for the time being , but they do quite satisfactorily up till now.

        Cheers,
        Elly( Amsterdam)

        http://ellyinamsterdam.blogspot//com
        http://pinterest.com/nwdekraker/